Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

For all you guys who are going to be playing Xenoblade, here is a patch that apparently fixes the staticy/choppy audio when using HLE. Haven't tested it yet, but I know my audio was garbage when I tried the game last night.

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/...d.php?tid=14356

Edit: Here you can find more recent versions of Dolphin with the patch already applied: http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/...ad.php?tid=2176

.Ataraxia. fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2011 around 16:24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

Gyoru posted:

Yeah. The first video and part of the second video were recorded with HLE, but I switched back to LLE due to stuttering and audio distortion issues.

The LLE recompiler is much more processor intensive than HLE audio. My experience in both versions of Xenoblade is that the HLE audio is hit or miss. Sometimes it works wonderfully and sometimes it freaks the gently caress out and starts garbling voices even though you're running at full speed. LLE doesn't do any of that as long as you're running at 100% speed.

I'm on i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz (might OC it some more) for reference. I would suggest trying to get a higher clock speed if you want to use LLE. Here are my Dolphin 3.0 settings.

I'm playing off my hard drive. As a general rule, you should rip your disc on to a hard drive and play it from there because the (much) faster access times.

I'd like to thank you for the build link and settings. I can run this without a hitch now and goddamn does it look so much better than on my Wii.

Edit:

.Ataraxia. fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2011 around 04:23

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

Here is an awesome build that just came out today. Fixes the staticy audio issue for the most part. You might get a spot of static here and there, but it will only last for half a second or so rather than sticking around. It runs great!

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/...69235#pid169235

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

Vanderdeath posted:

I went to my brother's house and 'borrowed'* a copy of Sonic Colors from my nephew to test out Dolphin. The gameplay has been fairly okay, but I still get occasional slowdown on build r7719. Is this normal for the game or is it my system dragging things down?

* stole while he's in school

System specs would probably help people answer your question.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I've got a Phenom II x4 955 OC'd to 4.0Ghz that I run Xenoblade on. Runs full speed about 95% of the time. Mild slow down in battles. I linked the build I use earlier in the thread. I'm on my phone out and about otherwise of check for you.

• Locked thread