Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Have they fixed the problem with the Mac (and other OGL) builds yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

VDay posted:

Dolphin 4.0 is out, haven't had a chance to try it out yet though.

Seems cool. I'm hoping it'll run Xenoblade well, even on a mac.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

So they access official Nintendo servers and can play with actual Wii hardware? I'm not sure how it works, but I do wonder how much longer Nintnedo will even keep the Wii's online network up.

At this point I'd imagine it'd be possible to substitute in a new one if the official one went dark.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Fonzarelli posted:

Does Super Mario Galaxy require a wiimote? Like, I know there's the pointer for the second player, but you don't need it if you just wanna play through it right? I don't want to bother hooking up my sensor and stuff.

Pretty sure some of the minigame stuff needs it. Also launching Mario to other planets uses it doesn't it?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Wendell posted:

poo poo, I didn't know Skies of Arcadia worked perfectly now! Time to get my piracy on for the first time since it was new on Dreamcast.

Edit: The wiki lies, it doesn't run perfectly

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Uh, I think this guy was referring to the pirate theme of the game, not illegal downloading.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Where can I buy a cheap sensor bar and bluetooth adapter?

I like Monoprice myself.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Wow, apparently all my stupid problems with the newest versions of Dolphin were because the Framelimit had its default set to 5.

Wow, was that something you did and forgot about or something that the builds are doing for... some reason?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

what do you mean

I assume because many accuracy improvements won't be in it and whichever games he cares about will not improve in playability.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm kind of hoping that eventually there'll be a Metal backend, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Anybody's guess whether that will happen before or after Apple support for Vulkan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

uhhhh if you think that level of vitriol is bad, check the issue tracker and forums and search for "moron" or "retarded" or "dev team"

you'll quickly find stuff like https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/9536

Nerds are terrible always.

• Locked thread