Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Been playing paper mario and have done the recommended of keeping bounding box on and disabled EFB Copies to Texture Only, and works pretty meh on 5.0, but works way better (pipe transitions take like 40~ seconds and the fps drops to single digits, things that build on the world are abysmally slow) and quite a bit better on some random 4.0-7064 version I had laying around, any help to this? Forums bring that my 6900 runs older versions of paper mario better

i5-2500k and 8 gigs of ram if those things also help!

stringball fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Suspicious Dish posted:

switch to OpenGL

Didn't help, still getting pretty big slowdowns, any other suggestions?

e: turning everything down to the minimum setting helped a ton but now i'm getting unknown pointer in random numbers, hundreds of them if I hold the enter key down they pop back up instantly

stringball fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 2, 2016

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I guess something was wrong with the game.ini file and turning off panic handling stopped the hundreds of errors

I just messed around with a ton of settings and something worked eventually

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Wasn't there a bunch of drama with 64 emulators because they added malware/spyware to one of the popular ones? Project 64?

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

So does that mean the original Xbox is alien technology to explain why the emulation for it has been extremely difficult?

• Locked thread