Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski
Hrmm, curious. I'm running super mario galaxy 2 at wonderful playable speeds (98-100 percent, with dips to 93), but I can't seem to hit the fabled constant 60 FPS :( despite the fact of my hardware being decent and everything being up to date.

I also have to run at 2X native (1280xwhatever) with no enhnacements to get this sort of speed, which seems... incorrect given everyone else's results.

Using release R7716M 64bit., CPU is i7-950 (stock clock, aftermarket cooling)12 gigs DDR3 triple channeled ram, Geforce 460 GTX 1GIG, and Asrock X58 Extreme 3 mobo. on Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Anything I could be doing wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

Sir Unimaginative posted:

And now you know why you don't overbuy your processor and RAM. (i5-2500k :pcgaming:)

Also: Overclock dude.

Sandy bridge wasn't 100 percent rolled out and was in the janky recalled first line of boards phase when I assembled my PC. So I figured I'd stick with what worked and worked over the top well at the time.

And hrm, I might have to overclock if the build change doesn't fix it up.

Edit: The latest version, r7716M works better for me than any varient of r6515 :psyduck: I just had to change the priority to real time for either to get a performance boost. It's working great now(95-100 percent with frameskip 1)

Economy Clown Car fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 17, 2011

• Locked thread