Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
One Hand Clapping
Aug 20, 2011

I can't get Xenoblade to run decently at all. Though admittedly my CPU is a bit old. Here's my rig

Graphics: GTX 560
CPU: E8400 3gz dual
4 gigs of memory

Even in regular scenes I'm only getting around 17 frames a second. This is with low resolution and no anti-aliasing. I've tried every combination mentioned in this thread so far I think, to no avail.

Is this a normal performance for my system? I'm starting to think it's slower than its supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Hand Clapping
Aug 20, 2011

Chompers posted:

Sounds about right for your cpu.

Well that's kind of a relief.

Guess I could overclock it to 3.6 or 4ghz. Supposedly these things overclock pretty nicely.

Is the emulator more CPU intensive than you typically find in gaming?

One Hand Clapping
Aug 20, 2011

kuddles posted:

Most emulators tend to be that way. My video card is barely active compared to how hot my CPU is going when I run this thing.

That helps explain it then

So is Xenoblade more graphic intensive than most other Wii games? I'm reading when Dolphin first came out a E8400 was able to run most Wii games pretty well.

• Locked thread