Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
noface
Jun 19, 2002

Running a 2500k at 4.5GHz, but have been too lazy to softmod the Wii for the purpose of ripping the DSP ROM... does LLE make a big difference in some cases? For the most part, the game runs quite well but occasionally a cutscene will have the stuttering audio. Should I just man up and run through the steps to get the DSP ROMs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noface
Jun 19, 2002

Gyoru posted:

Looks like someone figured out you can run the PAL version of Xenoblade in its original 30 FPS instead of 25 by simply hex editing the ISO's region code to the Japanese version.
http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/...67910#pid167910

http://www.multiupload.com/0HT3E314L0
The download is just the PPF patch with PPFOMATIC that does the edit for you. Don't do this if you're already having performance issues in Dolphin because this will make it run even slower. Saves will remain compatible. Make sure you backup your original ISO in case something goes wrong.

So I gave that a go, and I could have sworn it made things smoother, but I turned on the FPS and it's still hanging out at 25fps, post-patch. Odd.

Edit: Was a problem with loading from a savestate instead of loading from a Wii system save. Running at 30FPS now, which makes a big difference.

noface fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2011 around 19:26

• Locked thread