Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I must be retarded: how do I remap the controls to emulate a Classic Controller? I've had no issue using the CGPad options for Gamecube games, but I can't seem to get control for Xenoblade, which is the first Wii game I've tried emulating. Or do you just remap the Wiimote controls?

edit: Found it under "Extension" :doh:

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Clock speed doesn't mean poo poo.

That said, his CPU is probably a bit slow for Wii emulation.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Clock speed is very important for emulation.
Yeah but you can't just say "at least 3GHz." That's meaningless. I'll show you a 1.8GHz Sandy Bridge Core i7 that smokes a 3GHz Core 2 Duo. The days of "at least X GHz" died with the Prescott Pentium 4. Architecture is everything. Yeah it sucks for the consumer to figure out if their PC is fast enough, but that's just the way it is.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So uh, if I have a phenom II which of these custom builds do I download?
As far as I know, don't bother. AMD only supports SSE4a, which is a variant of SSE4 that doesn't support all the instructions, and has a few of its own unique ones. I'm pretty sure when I tested Dolphin on a Phenom II, it just fell back to SSE3 because Dolphin doesn't support SSE4a.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

garney posted:

I have a Macbook pro 15" Intel Core 2 Duo, and whilst games like Sonic Heroes, SA2:B run fine, Windwaker had some slowdown and texture issues, but just on the character models which is annoying in an otherwise perfect game.

Any tweaks/mac builds specifically for Windwaker you guys would recommend?
Are you running OS X or booting into Windows? I didn't play with it too much before resorting to Boot Camp, but I think the OS X build is slightly slower because it's limited to OpenGL while the Direct3D output modes are faster. Apple's OpenGL implementation also isn't the best for high-performance stuff like games, though that's improved with Lion.

Basically, dual-boot if you can, otherwise I haven't seen much in the way of optimized OS X builds.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

site posted:

Super Mario Galaxy looks so good in HD, it's ridiculous. I actually feel kinda bad for the devs being quite obviously held back by hardware limitations from showing off what they were able to accomplish.
Have you seen 3DS games in HD? :eek:

Pokemon assets look fantastic at 1080p:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p7bZAZnseE

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I googled a few things since I've never heard of Vulkan before, but I'm still not sure what the significance is of this announcement. Can someone sum it up for us normies?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-doom-vulkan-patch-shows-game-changing-performance-gains

Second paragraph explains Vulkan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Suspicious Dish posted:

Not just reverse engineered code -- that's fine. They are suspected of using stolen Nintendo code.
It really is remarkable how much progress they're making:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxY_gP3Zo7I

Shame about it not being open source and potentially stealing code :(

• Locked thread