Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverThread
Jun 18, 2004

Kick the Emo

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Does anyone know how to get Xenoblade to run better on my system?

Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.7GHz, 8gb ddr2, HD4890 1GB

and I'm using r7719M

It just kind of stutters all the loving time on 3x native. Even 2x it stutters but looks blurry. If I turn on AA it looks substantially better but it performs about the same.

However no matter what I do it plays at like 70-80% in combat and 98% in the first town.

Pretty much under 85~ or less is unacceptable to me, and my minimum res is a 720p window (putting it to fullscreen 1920x1200 and lowering the internal res to 2x is about acceptable, or 1.5 w/ 4x sgaa is okay. I'd prefer clearer and larger over blurry and faster though...

Looks like a sound emulation issue. Sound is handled exclusively by your processor so if you can't use lower settings on the sound then you may be out of luck. I'm using an E8400 processor and an HD6950, at highest settings that I can crank it to, and I'm getting Xenoblade to run at 30-31fps using these settings checked:

Config Menu (General)
  • Enable Dual Core
  • Enable Idle Skipping
  • Framelimit Off
  • JIT Recompiler
  • Lock Threads to Cores

Config Menu (Audio)
  • DSP HLE emulation
  • Enable DTK Music
  • Enable Audio Throttle
  • Audio Backend: XAudio2
  • Sample Rate: 48000

Graphics Menu (General)
  • Direct3D9
  • Fullscreen resolution: 1680x1050 (use your native monitor resolution)
  • Aspect Ratio: Auto
  • V-Sync
  • Fullscreen
  • Show FPS
  • Auto Adjust Window Size

Graphics Menu (Enhancements)
  • 4x Native (2560x2112)
  • Anti-Aliasing: None
  • Anisotropic Filtering: 1x

Graphics Menu (Hacks)
  • Ignore Format Changes
  • EFB Copies: Virtual (Render-to-Texture Effects)
  • EFB Copies: RAM
  • External Frame Buffer: Disable
  • Disable Per-Pixel Depth
  • OpenCL Texture Decoder (can slow down performance if your video card isn't very good)
  • OpenMP Texture Decoder

If I didn't mention anything, that means it wasn't check boxed. Different versions of this emulator have different options though. Make sure you use the version that was linked a page or two back in response to Xenoblade.

The only audio skipping I get is when my computer is doing something else in cutscenes and when day/night cycle changes. Haven't seen any slowdown at all since then.

Set your video card AA and AF manually, performance seems much better.

SilverThread fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverThread
Jun 18, 2004

Kick the Emo
What are some other Wii games that I should go buy that don't make use of the wii-mote?

• Locked thread