Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Epic Yarn is yet another one of those gorgeous upscaled 2D titles, and you can complete it without any problems

And I must be haunted by the spirit of Carmack, because in every single case, OpenGL is the best-looking and fastest renderer, and ever since per-pixel lighting was fixed in either the 6970's driver or the latest SVN, it's pretty indistinguishable from D3D11

It'd also be nice if AMD wasn't 2 years behind on SSE4+ support :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Ledneh posted:

Does this thing support 360 controllers more or less natively, or do I have to do some xpadder/joy2key shenanigans? I find that a lot of software has trouble with the d-pad for some reason.

It has native support, in the sense that you can map whatever you like to something on the controller, change the deadzone, etc. The reason the 360 d-pad has horrible support elsewhere is because if you use the Microsoft driver, it's forever mapped as a POV hat, where the left stick is your 'd-pad'. If you're using a wired controller, the XBCD drivers are the way to go. If not, it'll be the same deal with a wireless controller, just no rumble, but for that road, I just recommend dusting off an old Xbox S controller and buying a $3 USB plug for it, it's the greatest for emulators and older DInput titles (and has the superior d-pad)

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Since people were curious, TWIN SNAKES

First thing I've noticed is transparency isn't working for text

Another thing that isn't too hot is particle effects, that rainbow streak thing should be snow, and it shows up outside randomly

Ditto with decal textures, ALL of them - bulletholes, blood, etc. - show up black, check my box prints

NO HUNGRY FOR WORDS AHAHAHAHAHA. Codec convos are all green

The ghosting and tearing on the side is mostly because of the widescreen hack. Character models looking like they're covered in cum is most likely a result of bad shader emulation

Rendering issues aside, it looks pretty

• Locked thread