Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

RadicalR posted:

Holy poo poo.

Seconding that. I wonder if the upcoming official HD remake will look anywhere near as good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Gyoru posted:

Looks like someone figured out you can run the PAL version of Xenoblade in its original 30 FPS instead of 25 by simply hex editing the ISO's region code to the Japanese version.
http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=18605&pid=167910#pid167910

You'd think that running at 480p (which exists outside both PAL and NTSC spectrums) would avoid this, but... well, guess Nintendo wanted to fire off one last lovely PAL conversion at europe to send off the Wii, eh?

So, if I applied this to my copy on my actual Wii (2.1ghz dual-core stops me from even dreaming of emulation at the moment), it'll run smoother?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

PAL TVs run, by default, at 50Hz. However, the vast majority of Wii games - including Xenoblade - include a PAL60 mode that runs at 60Hz

It should be noted that if you have an HDTV of any description, then there's no such thing as PAL or NTSC anymore. Hopefully the next generation of consoles will kill the differentiation off entirely.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Filthy Monkey posted:

Also, this is definitely a JRPG alright. One of these things doesn't quite belong with the rest.
http://i.imgur.com/DO2Fs.jpg

You forgot to mention that there's just as much male swimwear available in the game as female. In fact, Dunban rocks out hardcore when oiled up (no, seriously - there's a variety of oils equippable as armor) and in his swim trunks. Gender equality saves the day!

• Locked thread