Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalleboo
Jan 13, 2001

Hjälp
I just got an SH-12C today and I just came here to bust a nut over how awesome it is. It's like, a phone with all the japan features... AND it doesn't have a crap-rear end UI (and it's Android so I can use all the apps I'm used to). I was also amazed that Mobile Suica accepted my foreign debit card no problem (altho Edy rejected it :[). In the regular menus and with the still photo camera, the 3D screen is a huge gimmick, but I transferred some 3D music videos to it, and the effect really works there.

I haven't managed to get Wifi tethering on it to work though - which didn't work with the Arc I had before it either. I wonder if it's an Android issue? Wifi tethering works fine with the same SIM in my Nokia N8...

Also, this is the best Android app ever (built-in to the SH-12C). Look up any kanji currently displayed in any app on your screen (uses OCR).

On an unrelated note, what's up with 3G on the shinkansen? Using docomo, always on Nozomi trains. I remember last year I tethered on the train from Tokyo to Sendai, and the connection was solid, no ping issues, the connection didn't even drop in the tunnels. This year I rode from Osaka to Tokyo, and it was terrible, it dropped in every tunnel, 1-8 second ping times otherwise. Instead of working as I planned, I spent my train ride writing an OS X MenuExtra to monitor the current ping lag/connection status...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread