Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it was just an example that not all styles of games benefit from quicksaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
What kind of an OCD nerd has to play the game optimally instead of just going with the flow and taking what comes. I mean, if you are that desperate to have everything be perfect, at what point does it stop being fun and start being an obsession?
I like to play through a game the first time using no quick saves and just taking what I get. If I screw up, then I pay for my mistakes and move on. No "optimal path", no min-maxing; just having fun.
After that, I may read up on all the stuff I missed because I am bad at game and then play again trying to dig up all the secrets.

At all times I am in control of whether or not I use QS / QL or just let it save automatically because I am an adult.

Incidentally, I don't like playing Dark Souls. Not because it doesn't have QS, but because I am really bad at it and found it not fun (also, I tried it with keyboard + mouse instead of controller the first time). So, I just don't play that game. I don't hate it or think is is crap; I am just not good at it and don't want to take the time to get good.
That is always an option: don't play games that do things you don't like.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Aleph Null posted:

What kind of an OCD nerd has to play the game optimally instead of just going with the flow and taking what comes. I mean, if you are that desperate to have everything be perfect, at what point does it stop being fun and start being an obsession?
I like to play through a game the first time using no quick saves and just taking what I get. If I screw up, then I pay for my mistakes and move on. No "optimal path", no min-maxing; just having fun.
After that, I may read up on all the stuff I missed because I am bad at game and then play again trying to dig up all the secrets.

At all times I am in control of whether or not I use QS / QL or just let it save automatically because I am an adult.

Incidentally, I don't like playing Dark Souls. Not because it doesn't have QS, but because I am really bad at it and found it not fun (also, I tried it with keyboard + mouse instead of controller the first time). So, I just don't play that game. I don't hate it or think is is crap; I am just not good at it and don't want to take the time to get good.
That is always an option: don't play games that do things you don't like.

Nah man you're a total bozo, cool guys like atheist sunglasses are clearly more in the know about how this game sucks because they can't play it properly.

Get with the times grandad.

• Locked thread