Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«832 »
tuyop
Sep 14, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

2 questions

1) Is there a way to stop apps from being able to take over as the "current app"? Like, say I launch an app and then tab into Safari. I don't want that app I just launched to pop up and take over my keyboard functions when it finally opens. It's really god drat loving annoying.

2) Is it suppose to take "forever" to bring my 2018 MacBook Pro up from sleep mode? I've never timed it or anything but there is a very noticeable delay from when I open my laptop up and when the screen actually turns on and lets me touchID in. Compared to every other computer I've ever used where the screen turns on just about instantaneously when I hit the keyboard it's really noticeable. I feel like a $1500 laptop shouldn't be like this. I am on High Sierra.

Yeah my 2016 was always slower to wake than my MBA was. I never could figure out why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah my 2016 takes a while to wake. Specially for the wifi antenna to turn on. My 2006 MacBook turns on and connects instantaneously. Snow Leopard >*

jokes
Dec 20, 2012
jokes

I had the same issue! I never could figure it out considering it basically only ran a browser, Microsoft office, and steam so it shouldn't have been some rogue program(s) doing it, but I was able to fix it by doing a fresh install which was always annoying.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Toast Museum posted:

My understanding of how Macs and AD interact is pretty fuzzy, but that seems like a good fit for Jamf.

Tangential: is it Jamf or JAMF? I'm pretty sure I've seen both in their own content.

I dunno, I find that we've reached a point where actually joining the Mac to AD is very stable.

And Jamf is probably the best example of an amazing product with a completely lovely name.

edit: except people blitzing through the keychain password update prompt when they change their AD password.

«832 »