Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
WELL ARNT I JUST MR. LA DE FUCKEN DA. oh yea and i suck cocks too

IUG posted:

Did this only infect M1 Macs?
Nope, itís for both Intel and M1 Macs:

quote:

Outside of a change in download URLs and script comments, the two versions had only one major difference. The first version contained a Mach-O binary compiled for Intel x86_64 architecture only. In the second version, the adversary included a Mach-O binary compiled for both Intel x86_64 and M1 ARM64 architectures.

Thanks Ants posted:

Maybe - there's mention of M1 support being worked on at https://airsdk.harman.com/

Try downloading the runtime from that site and see how you get on.
Wild, guess Flash will kinda live on after all, at least this vestigial offshoot of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless You Ants, Blants

On devices connected to a CAN bus, because of course

tuyop
Sep 14, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Clark Nova posted:

the daisy disk demo (hosted on their website, not in the app store) will probably be enough

Splinter posted:

Disk Inventory X is another free disk usage visualizer you could try. Even if it doesn't know 'what' a given folder or file is, you should still be able to view the folder/path by clicking on the blocks in the visualizer.

In the Daisy Disk demo it lists 141.8gb of "hidden space" and I can't rescan as administrator without a license. I've also tried running it as sudo but no luck there.

Omnidisksweeper doesn't show it at all and based on its display, you would think I have like 200gb free.

Same deal with Disk Inventory X.

So I guess I'll bite the $14 bullet or consider reformatting.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

tuyop posted:

In the Daisy Disk demo it lists 141.8gb of "hidden space" and I can't rescan as administrator without a license. I've also tried running it as sudo but no luck there.

Omnidisksweeper doesn't show it at all and based on its display, you would think I have like 200gb free.

Try OmniDiskSweeper https://www.omnigroup.com/more, it's free and works well for me.

Clark Nova
Jul 17, 2004

sorry about that, I thought the only daisy disk demo limitation is that it would have a 30-second countdown on startup after a few weeks or a month

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
WELL ARNT I JUST MR. LA DE FUCKEN DA. oh yea and i suck cocks too

Thanks Ants posted:

On devices connected to a CAN bus, because of course
Are you talking about Adobe AIR, in which case , or is this a wrong thread post?

tuyop posted:

Dumb question, but tried restarting? Maybe some weird temp thing that went out of control and doesnít show up as normal disk space. Or if you have multiple users Iíve seen some weird things as far as apps not being able to see other usersí stuff even as admin.

japtor fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 22, 2021

tuyop
Sep 14, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

japtor posted:

Are you talking about Adobe AIR, in which case , or is this a wrong thread post?

Dumb question, but tried restarting? Maybe some weird temp thing that went out of control and doesnít show up as normal disk space. Or if you have multiple users Iíve seen some weird things as far as apps not being able to see other usersí stuff even as admin.

Yeah I was thinking of going into recovery and running disk utility first aid but I have no faith in that doing anything.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless You Ants, Blants

japtor posted:

Harman make lots of in-car systems, I assume they were heavily invested in Adobe AIR enough to buy the platform rather than just retool. I hope they arenít running Flash on these systems but who knows.

Fleedar
Aug 29, 2002
RARRUGHH!!

Lipstick Apathy

tuyop posted:

I have like half of my 2016 MBP's drive currently occupied by "Other" data. I updated to Big Sur and it's now completely hosed.

I've cleared time machine local snapshots and done a disk utility first aid run. Grand Perspective also just labels this all as "Misc".

It currently won't allow me to update xcode because there's not enough space and I need to do that. What should I do?

I came here to post about this same issue. DaisyDisk revealed a 270GB attachments folder for Messages, despite using Messages in iCloud and System Information reporting only 58GB being used by Messages. Even 58GB seems excessive if I have iCloud enabled and one of the stated perks is that it "helps you save space". This also explain why I very nearly blew past my internet data cap for the month. Very frustrating.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Got a big STEM up my asshole.

How do I turn off the "hotkey" for the character viewer whenever I hit the function key? I brush it from time to time and it's annoying when the big-rear end emoji selector pops up.

M1 MBP

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard > Press 🌎 to [Do Nothing]

Actuarial Fables fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 22, 2021

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Thanks Ants posted:

Maybe - there's mention of M1 support being worked on at https://airsdk.harman.com/

Try downloading the runtime from that site and see how you get on.

That worked. I swear I ended up on a Harman site before but there wasn't a handy download.

Thants!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Welp, I got too many apps and Homebrew commands bitching at me to do it, and not enough 32 bit apps to make it worth my while, so..

So long Mojave, I'm upgrading the last of my Macs with it to Big Sur.. you will live on in a horrific, zombiefied pocket universe of VMWare, hopefully.. or a thumb drive

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless You Ants, Blants

I don't currently have access to a Mac, but need to produce some quick documentation. Is there a service that simulates the base macOS environment well enough to be able to make convincing screenshots, or should I just see if I can get a nice new M1 Air shipped out to me and charge it back to a project?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

Lol I grew up wondering what kind of animal Sarge was supposed to be

Evis
Feb 27, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Thanks Ants posted:

I don't currently have access to a Mac, but need to produce some quick documentation. Is there a service that simulates the base macOS environment well enough to be able to make convincing screenshots, or should I just see if I can get a nice new M1 Air shipped out to me and charge it back to a project?

Iíd probably just remote into a Macstadium machine as itíll be way cheaper.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

Welp, I got too many apps and Homebrew commands bitching at me to do it, and not enough 32 bit apps to make it worth my while, so..

So long Mojave, I'm upgrading the last of my Macs with it to Big Sur.. you will live on in a horrific, zombiefied pocket universe of VMWare, hopefully.. or a thumb drive

I long for the day that CEMU comes to the mac (lol it'll never happen) because I want to play modded Breath of The Wild (oh god 4k would be amazing) but I will never buy a PC for it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless You Ants, Blants

Evis posted:

Iíd probably just remote into a Macstadium machine as itíll be way cheaper.

Looks good, will give that a go. Thanks.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I long for the day that CEMU comes to the mac (lol it'll never happen) because I want to play modded Breath of The Wild (oh god 4k would be amazing) but I will never buy a PC for it.
Does CEMU actually perform better than Dolphin?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

Dolphin can't play WiiU games.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Oh, this is interesting. I wonder why it's closed source.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The iPad version of dolphin is pretty legit.

https://youtu.be/JZI9OlmqFOE

https://youtu.be/gtLSjVhpzD8

I canít wait for an M1 version.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Does CEMU actually perform better than Dolphin?

Yeah it's pretty loving amazing and people have been putting a TON of effort into BoTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU31kNa3H0A

There are really good reskins where you can play as Zelda as well and it's very impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Got a big STEM up my asshole.

The only Romhack worth playing is Pokťmon Team Rocket edition, and openemu runs well with Rosetta. No m1 yet