Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
So anyone have recommendations for a good mail app that works with Gmail? I'm weary of sparrow since it seems like it isn't being supported anymore, and I'm currently trying out Postal which seems to be pretty decent. But I was wondering if there was something else out there that might be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Martytoof posted:

What don't you like about the stock Mail.app?

Not trolling, I'm always just curious what people want aftermarket mail clients to do that Mail.app doesn't.

Essentially what japtor said. From my experience so far, getting labels to work in Mail.app has been a bit frustrating. I mean don't get me wrong, if it's something I'm doing wrong I'd be more than happy to know what is the correct way to set it up so that I can use the Apple provided app.

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Kalix posted:

Are any of you using the Mail app with Gmail?

I have Sparrow but I wonder if there is something better out there beyond it. I mostly use Gmail in browser, but wondering if I'm missing out on something.

I've been trying out Postal so far, and it's been working good for me.

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Nah, it's some good old Mac software

I swear to god, I've hit my head to many times as a kid. I keep doing this with all sorts of names.

At least I now have an idea for a new game, if I could ever be bothered to make it.