Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CaptainCaveman posted:

A couple of the preview articles said iCloud will now sync browser tabs between a Mac and an iOS device. I wonder if it only sync the first 8 to iOS devices if you have more than that open in the desktop browser or what it does.

If you wipe/restore a backed-up iPad the browser tabs remain in tact, so it's probably only a matter of time before it gets pushed to the fruit mist.

e: This includes where you were last in the App Store as well.

graph fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CaptainCaveman posted:

Yes, restoring from a backup generally restores the state the device was in when you backed it up, that's kind of the point of backing up and restoring. I'm missing the connection between that and me wondering how they'll handle syncing tabs when (at least right now) mobile Safari can only handle a limited number, though.

Edit: I wasn't wondering "What strange magics will they use to push tabs to the cloud?" but "What will happen when it syncs tabs and I have more open on the desktop than the iOS device can handle?"

Gotcha. I guess I didn't expect such granular states to be backed up. Bookmarks sure, last page visited not so much.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mik posted:

ML Question: Does Airplay only work with an AppleTV? I have a Mac Mini as an HTPC and it would be nice to stream to that from my Air.

http://www.airserverapp.com/

I haven't tried it yet though.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

THE LUMMOX posted:

What program should I be using to delete mistakes and splice audio back together?

SoundStudio is great. Bias Peak LE is even better.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ZShakespeare posted:

Is there a safari extension that allows you to modify your HTTP request headers?

Preferences -> Advanced -> 'Show Develop menu in menubar'

This should give you a list of user agents. Is this what you're asking about ?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ZShakespeare posted:

no, I actually want to include custom fields in my HTTP request headers, specifically X-Forwarded-For. I know how to do it with firefox and chrome, and it would be nice if I could do it in Safari as well.

Derp. Been a while.

http://www.uresk.net/httpclient/ try this.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DarkJC posted:

Interesting that we haven't heard anything about 10.9 yet.

I can tell you it's not adhering to the original schedule since a certain someone got the boot.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lexicon posted:

Is this [educated and likely correct] speculation or inside knowledge? :)

I prefer not to say as all Bothans deserve life.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Martytoof posted:

a forced yearly push

This isn't the development mantra for 10.9.

Martytoof posted:

if they just work on 10.9 for a year and a half or two years and just give us something truly awesome.

This is more correct than you probably realize.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

wolffenstein posted:

maybe keepass

No don't!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SaturdayKnight posted:

Is there some kind of reason to avoid keepass you're referencing here?

It's X11 trash that doesn't work.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

franco posted:

Monterey and a few previous were absolute poo poo about restoring things if you had to reboot for an update or something and this kicks rear end.

Safari was particularly dreadful for getting multiple tabs/windows to be like they were. Especially if they were minimised. Even the restore last session option forgot loads of stuff. I'd be having to save the URLs before rebooting to be safe.

whatever safari came with the monterey 12.6.1 update loving eats the poo poo out of my tabs on close/reboot. safari has never done this and i've been using it literally since day one. what the gently caress. and yeah restore last session doesn't work. i literally filed a loving bug report 10 mins ago

Quackles posted:

I still think Snow Leopard is the best operating system they've ever made.

you would be correct

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FMguru posted:

apple really should switch to a tick-tock model where every other os release is just optimizations and bugfixes and refactoring

it used to be that

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sri.Theo posted:

Is there an easy way to create a bootable Windows USB on OSX

etcher

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

some kinda jackal posted:

Welp, updated to 13.1 and now I can’t log in to my AD bound Mac. It takes my username and password, does a little progress bar, then spits me back out to a login screen with my full name instead of my shortname and just shakes when I enter my password. Tried to change my full name back to shortname, tried my username@domain and nothing works. Restarted the machine, nothing.

RIP me.

10.7.3 all over again lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

powderific posted:

Has anyone run into Safari being slow with text input (specifically on the forums)? On my M1 air I have no issues in safari, but for whatever reason on my 16" m1 macbook pro the text input lags. It's slow enough that it throws off my typing — reminds me of using vnc over a slow connection or something. It's really weird and annoying.

i have and have been meaning to ask about it. my m1 imac does this. i have menumeters (everyone should have menumeters) and typing in the sa reply box will peg an entire loving core lol

Clark Nova posted:

It is specific to safari and the post textarea field on the SA forums

indeed it is. nowhere else

The Lord Bude posted:

Yes, this is a bug specific to apple silicon Macs (and I think only the ones using pro/max/ultra?) and it only affects the Something Awful forums for some strange reason.

well hot drat, go figure