Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nall
Jun 26, 2000

Corbet posted:

Is anyone surprised about how much like enjoy fullscreen implementation on Lion? I've always been a big proponent of carefully organized windows on one display, but I really like being able to three finger swipe between different apps/desktops.

Now we just have to wait until all apps implement a full screen function.

I can't recommend this enough if you like full screen: http://chpwn.com/apps/maximizer.html

It's a SIMBL plugin that adds full screen support to everything. As far as I can tell the full screening is completely proper too, and both looks and behaves the way you would expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nall
Jun 26, 2000

Martytoof posted:

What happens if Safari is fullscreen and a popup window is spawned?

e: I er -- I guess I could just try this myself.

Opens a new tab, like on iOS.

Nall
Jun 26, 2000
I'm learning that some people feel very strongly about 'save as' being removed. I am sorry for your losses. You may need to: Change your workflow, stay with Snow Leopard, switch to Windows, use a different editing app, wait for other 'save as' fans to create a 'save as' hack for Lion.

Nall
Jun 26, 2000

amf5 posted:

Lion itself is fine, most of the retarded UI changes they've introduced can be turned off, and the old versions are literally the same functionality-wise but without poo poo thats loving KDE-level stupid and work as drop-in replacements. But really, keep on getting mad that people use things differently than you :qq:

I think you might be the one who's getting mad. You seem to be raging at the void that things have been changed on you or that you need to do extra clicks or whatever. It really sounds like you are angry that some of us aren't having as much issue adjusting as you are, and I think you should get over it.

E:

amf5 posted:

keep on arguing about it, please

OK now you're just arguing with yourself about how hard done by you are. Keep raging man, everyone who says anything to you is enraged about your apple hate etc etc.

Nall fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 4, 2011

Nall
Jun 26, 2000
Dashboard widgets should be combined with Launchpad and the dedicated dash should just be abandoned. I'd love to see this on the iPad as well, really.

Nall
Jun 26, 2000
I've had absolutely no issues with Lion so far, and the thought of going back to Snow Leopard horrifies me. It's not that I disliked Snow Leopard, but I've found Lion much more comfortable to use and look at that I think I would find Snow Leopard just a little bit wrong in a lot of ways. The Snow Leopard Expose was especially terrible, and Mission Control is the best thing ever (minus the space-age name).

Nall
Jun 26, 2000

coldplay chiptunes posted:

What's largely different between MC and Exp other than "space" integration?

For me, it's the inclusion of the spaces, the grouping of similar app windows, the large app icons that appear under the windows, the hiding of minimized windows and the reversion back to leopard-style scaling of windows instead of the grid layout. I also like how the background pulls out, but that's just a visual preference.

Nall
Jun 26, 2000
I've had a bit of a strange bug since Leopard where my wireless will suddenly be unable to see any network drives at all. The internet still works, but I can't connect to the airport extreme (or even scan for it with airport utility) until I turn off airport and turn it back on. This has been especially frustrating when it happens without me noticing and makes it so time-machine can't run overnight.

Nall
Jun 26, 2000

Toe Rag posted:

edit: It looks like cron is gone form 10.7? I think you can accomplish the same functionality through launchd, but I don't know much about that :shobon:

I definitely still have cron on 10.7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nall
Jun 26, 2000
Does anyone know of an app or hack or anything to force the mouse cursor to be trapped inside a specific window? I was playing a few games in a window and getting very frustrated that I kept hitting my hot corners. Anything that could trap it to a specific area of the screen would work but I can't find anything like that.