Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

door Door door posted:

Holy poo poo is the new iMovie terrible. They've simplified everything to practically iOS levels of functionality. As far as I can tell there's no longer any way to fade audio tracks because all you can do is adjust the level of a whole track. 12 year old me had a much easier time editing videos using whatever the hell version was out in 2002 than I am having right now.

From a few pages back but:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0/#mov3b5ded23e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

The Macaroni posted:

When my machine boots to the desktop, I get a popup saying "The application XYZ may not work in future versions of MacOS." I'm more than happy to remove them, but I can never locate them when I try to search. What am I doing wrong?

Look in the Console log, the path to the executable is logged when that warning is given. Just open Console.app and search for XYZ.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Like say I got a message while driving and I want to see it on the lock screen. With Touch ID I could reach down and unlock it, then glance at it out of the corner of my eye. With Face ID I have to hold it up in front of my face and crash into a pedestrian.

You shouldn't be reading texts while driving.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Violator posted:

I was able to get this to work, but like you said not sure if I should be doing this since I'm not too familiar if Automator is the best option for big transfers.

Automator is just a front-end for AppleScript. The Copy Finder Items action is just sending an AppleEvent to Finder telling it to copy those items, Finder is the thing actually doing the copying.

(In other words, yes it’s fine for this)

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Xabi posted:

Could anyone of you recommend me a Safari extension that automatically rejects all non-essential cookies? A recommendation for Firefox and Chrome would also be appreciated, as I have to use those for work. It's driving me loving insane.

Firefox can be configured to delete all cookies on exit, with a whitelist. So if you're willing to take a few minutes to set up the whitelist, you don't need an extension. (One of about a dozen reasons why I use Firefox by default)