Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

I have two computers but only one iTunes account. Can I buy Lion once and install it on both computers, or is that breaking the rules? Assuming it is against the rules, how would I even get two licenses considering I only have one account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

~Coxy posted:

What's also disgusting is that when you visit a search result, it appears in the History menu as something like http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...yvfLyqq3LH_6PXA

rather than "Butte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia."

This fixes that:
http://shauninman.com/archive/2012/01/19/detox

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

kode54 posted:

Or you have my Downloads folder, which is currently set to Arrange By: Date Added, and for some inexplicable reason, every time I download a new file or two, they get dropped to the very bottom of the list, even though the list is being sorted in descending order. So, hundreds of files, going back to a modification time of 1995 (yay for servers keeping file times of MIDI files extracted from old games, and modules produced that long ago), and then suddenly it's 10 files all downloaded recently.

Opening the files in Finder tends to cause them to move to the top of the list, along with the folder that is extracted from them if they're archives.

Upon further inspection, it appears all of the items stuck at the bottom have no "added" timestamp.

The "Date Added" attribute is handled by Spotlight, so maybe your Spotlight index is hosed up?