Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Any good books for administering Lion Server? Having a bitch of a time making it play nice with AD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

mayodreams posted:

What issues are you having? Aside from the admin tools being buggy and sucking, I didn't have much of a problem with AD.

Well, mostly the admin tools being sucky and bugging. Also some problems with DNS which I got ironed out, but in ironing out, broke services and required me to reimage.

AD problems are mostly things like not mounting home directories and not inheriting permissions or setting them at all in the first place.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

I got my Up-To-Date code, but the App Store says it's already been used. Starts with a 7. Should I try contacting Applecare, or what?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Pretty sure you can AppleScript that. Are all your macs connected to a Mac server? If not you'd have to mass-email the script then have people click on it I reckon.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

tarepanda posted:

Again, the issue isn't the actual mounting and shortcutting, but running it on a bunch of physically separate machines with a minimum of hassle. I phrased it badly last night when I posted -- I've been pulling 13+ hour days all week long.

Basically we have 300ish computers that I need to do this to and I'd rather not be running around four separate buildings for a day to do it.

If you have Lion server or better, you should be able to configure it via that and push it out to everything. There's probably some other ways to do it, too, but I remember being able to specify shares when creating policies for mac users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Dual monitor is pretty great in Mavericks, so I wonder how much of the trouble is software-related.