Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

I use Adobe InDesign a lot but a few of the shortcuts in it clash with my overall system shortcuts. Is there anyway to getI InDesigns shortcuts to override the system shortcuts when I'm using it? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Can you still do the thing in Safari where cmd-L hides the web address bar? I liked that for maximising vertical space on a laptop screen.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Is there an app which tells you what's holding up things in your trash from being deleted and stops them? I seem to remember there being an app that does this but can't find it.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Integration between Apple Tv, OS X and iOS is just getting better and better. Airplay mirroring looks really cool. It's funny that Sony have been trying to do this everything connected, entertainment hub thing for over a decade and Apple seem to have done it very easily and very well.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Kirk posted:

1. iCloud. Have Windows Live ID and Live Mesh integration in windows for nearly 3 years now. Works across mobile devices already.
2. Messages. Windows Live Messenger has social integration already which is on par with this.
3. Reminders. Windows Live calendar does this and gives you alerts through windows live messenger and email.
4. Notes. NOTHING on this planet compares to Microsoft's OneNote.
5. Notification center. Windows live has one built in that you can integrate with. Oh and you also have the system tray.
6. Share sheets. Windows has had "sent to" since about 1996.
7. Twitter. Windows live integration.
8. Game center. We have shops for that and Steam and all sorts. It's an open market.
9. Airplay mirroring. Woo yay etc. Windows media player (!) does this with my Sony Bravia with no complaints. I can right click a video file and select "play on Bravia" and it appears on it straight away. This required NO CONFIGURATION and no special boxes. Both have wireless cards in them. No store or DRM available or required.
10. Gatekeeper. Windows firewall is actually on par with this and is an application AND/OR system level firewall. Microsoft security essentials is the rest.
11. Chinese features. Windows is the mainstream OS in china for a reason (i.e. excellent language support).

I don't see what the point of this post is? Nothing Apple is doing is totally new with 10.8 , it's just slick and refined, and people will actually use it unlike half those Windows features.

edit: oh I shouldn't have fallen for that

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

What stuff do you guys mainly use the Alfred powerpack for? It looks cool but I'm not sure if I need these features.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

beefnoodle posted:

This kind of thing: http://blog.alfredapp.com/2011/08/02/alfred-extensions/

Thanks, some of those are pretty awesome. http://jdfwarrior.tumblr.com/ This guy has made loads of cool extensions for Alfred, I really like the screenshot one.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

The developers have their own page with some of the best extensions. I had to buy it after seeing some of these http://support.alfredapp.com/extensions

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Use NValt synced with dropbox or simplenote with an easy keyboard shortcut, it's like the best thing ever.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

My MBA has started requiring a password after waking from sleep. I haven't ticked the box for that to happen in Security and Privacy and can't seem to turn it off. Any idea why it's happening and how I stop it?

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

modig posted:

Did you turn on File Vault 2?

Nope I don't have file vault turned on. I thought it might be because I have an eduroam profile for university, but I removed that and it's still requiring a password when waking from sleep.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

I might have to switch back from Chrome to Safari now, they've made some nice changes with Mountain Lion.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

I'm having a couple of issues with sleep in Mountain Lion on my 2011 MBA. When I wake up from sleep the screen flashes white before resuming, and notification sounds upon resuming from sleep are really annoying and loud. Also when I wake from sleep Tweetbot for Mac will never update and I have to quit the app and restart. Does anyone have solutions to any of these problems? I'd much appreciate it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

I've just got a new mac and I'm not really a fan of Fantastical 2. Does anyone know a way to download Fantastical 1? I think I had bought it on the Mac App store before but it seems to have been removed.