Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yakadan
Aug 1, 2008

Strangelet Wave posted:

What are those picture frame widgets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakadan
Aug 1, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

Using an external monitor, is there any way I can mirror the taskbar and dock without having to mirror the entire screen?

The guy who makes BetterTouchTool makes something to do this if I remember correctly.

E: auto correct

vvvv that's it.

Yakadan fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 25, 2012

Yakadan
Aug 1, 2008

Jeratain posted:

I was debating posting this in the A/V Forum, but figured I'd start here.

What is the best software to stream media to various devices on a local network from a Mac? I'd like to be able to stream media from my 2011 iMac to the following devices:
- XBox 360
- Samsung TVs (Smart Hub)

Note: I've tried Rivet, but that was fairly inconsistent in connecting to the XBox, and though it was discoverable on the Samsungs it did not stream at all to them. Connect360 is an option, but it costs $20, so I just wanted to see if anyone could suggest another free option before I dive in and buy something. Would XBMC, Plex, or something else be ideal for this?

I use Plex from my Macbook Pro to my Roku 2 and it is actually magic. Easy to set up and finds tags for my media automatically.