Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toxick
Oct 20, 2008
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but tap dragging on trackpads can be enabled by going to Preferences, then Universal Access, then by clicking on Trackpad Options. I nearly went insane trying to find this option last night, ugh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toxick
Oct 20, 2008

duck monster posted:

OOOOkay this is wierd. My ~/Library has somehow been set to invisible. I know its there on the command line, but its just not loving showing up in finder for SOME REASON. This seems to be the case in my secondary account on the machine too.

Is this intentional for some hosed up reason?

e: Yes internet tells me it is intentional and chflags nohidden ~/Library fixes it. Someone needs to punch whoever at Apple HQ came up with this idea

The average user is not and should not ever venture into ~/Library, so not only does it make sense for it to be hidden, I'm actually surprised it took Apple this long to do it.

toxick
Oct 20, 2008

mistermojo posted:

So for some reason iTunesHelper is messed up (it doesn't automatically open iTunes when I plug in my iPod touch), and the login items look like this:

I have the latest version of iTunes and I don't want to disable/remove iTuneshelper because I'm not sure how to re-enable it

Just checked my login items and I have the same problem. It's probably just a bug. What version of iTunes are you running? I'm on 10.5b48.

toxick
Oct 20, 2008
Safari is buggy as poo poo in Lion. Tabs get gummed up constantly. It's hard to describe, but closed tabs will reappear in a ghost-like fashion, and tab switching is broken sometimes. I also get random crashes every once in a while, which seem related to the tab bugs.

toxick
Oct 20, 2008

Neurophonic posted:

Try the free Lite version of Sparrow for a bit. Seriously.

Seconding this. If you use GMail, Sparrow is just a better app than Mail.