Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I hope someone makes some UI patches for color Finder sidebar icons quick. One of the only things I really dislike about Lion are the iTunes-esque finder icons. Also, why the hell did they move the mounted volumes/HD stuff to the bottom of the sidebar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Feenix posted:

I loving hate this so bad, too.

SO bad.

You have to right click on the app icon in the Dock, look under Options. I don't know why they moved this from the Settings app to the dock, but it's kinda buried.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Safari still chokes on animated gif pages, why can't they fix that?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

brandino posted:

I'm liking Lion on the whole, but has anyone found a way to restore the "Last Day," "Last Week," "Last Month" type buttons to Finder? Those were indispensable (and a HUGE time saver) in other versions of OS X, and the closest feature, "All My Files," is strangely missing things when I try to use its smart search. It also doesn't appear within the file browsing dialog within programs.

Hopefully someone hasn't mentioned this yet; I tried searching with no results.

The closest thing I can find to replicate this is to open an empty Spotlight search (option + command + space), click the + button to add a condition, add the condition for last modified (today/last week/etc) then Save the search. It'll ask you if you want to add it to the sidebar.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

SimpleCoax posted:

On another note, does anyone else have their computer stop and wait until their time machine drive spools up before some things will open? I mostly had this happen in Finder, and then opening files in Text Edit, but even Safari just did it to me. Lion isn't treating me very well so far.

Yes, but it happened in 10.6 too. Seems to happen less now.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I'm getting really frustrated with Terminal opening "saved state" windows when I've explicitly disabled saved state for ALL application in sys prefs. I have an Automator workflow that launches a terminal that automatically SSHs into work and then opens an RDP connection. Sometimes it only launches the window I want, other times it launches a new SSH window AND the "saved state" one from the previous session. I've tried manually deleting the saved state in Finder and I've disabled this feature in sys prefs (which doesn't seem to work?)

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

unruly posted:

code:
defaults write com.apple.Terminal NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows -bool false
I had to do this, I want my terminals fresh and without crappy history or saved state!

You know, I thought I remembered already doing this, and I had. I
code:
defaults read com.apple.Terminal
and sure enough it was already set to false. So WTF!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I've noticed these processes in Activity Monitor that will have the name of a website and they'll be running and doing stuff even if Safari isn't running. I just saw one that was named "http://www.southwest.com" and I haven't visited that site in over a week. I'm worried about Yosemite making requests to http://forums.somethingawful.com while I'm connected to my work VPN! What the hell is going on?!