Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

You want to know my take on the title of the album? Billy and Jimmy always have this bad pun game, is what I call it. It's the bad pun game getting out of control. Embarrassing. Not the name. The name's not really embarrassing. Just the game.
Pillbug
Hope this isn't completely the wrong place to ask this, but my friend is an Apple employee, and she wants to sell a copy of Logic Pro she bought before she was hired by Apple. Is she allowed to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

You want to know my take on the title of the album? Billy and Jimmy always have this bad pun game, is what I call it. It's the bad pun game getting out of control. Embarrassing. Not the name. The name's not really embarrassing. Just the game.
Pillbug

Martytoof posted:

Are Apple employees somehow prohibited from selling personal possessions? I should imagine she would be fine, only because I can't believe something like that could be enforced.

Yeah, I agree, but the reason it might be shady is because I think as part of her position she's entitled to a free copy of Logic Studio, which according to one of her superiors she's definitely not allowed to sell the download code for. Her selling her current copy amounts to the same thing effectively which is why she's worried.

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

Pillbug
She bought it, it's from before they moved Logic to the App Store, it's a boxed copy, it was most likely bought with a student discount though.

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

Pillbug
Yeah, that's what I think too, I'm just trying to get some backup - I'll persuade her to ask her supervisor but she's a little overcautious and thinks she'll get in trouble for some reason.

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

Pillbug
Good call on finding a receipt just in case, that should alleviate some of her concerns. Thanks for your help :)