Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The.Big.Dirty.Emu
May 2, 2009
Is anyone running Atto's Xtend SAN iSCSI Initiator on Lion? They don't offer trials and I'd like to hear a few first hand experiences before dropping £120 on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The.Big.Dirty.Emu
May 2, 2009

Martytoof posted:

Hmm, looks like globalSAN iscsi initiator isn't Lion compatible yet. Any other free iSCSI initiators I should be looking at, or am I stuck waiting for them to iron this out?

I've had the same issue. The only other competitor is Atto's iSCSI initiator which is $200. The Lion compatible version of globalSAN was due to be released sometime this week I think. I've had a few problems with various versions in the past and waiting so long for a lion compatible version has made me strongly consider just dropping the cash for Atto's initiator.

The.Big.Dirty.Emu
May 2, 2009
Studio Network Solutions Lion compatible iSCSI initiator is out today.

http://www.studionetworksolutions.com/products/product_detail.php?pi=11

The.Big.Dirty.Emu
May 2, 2009
Does anyone have any issues with Preview.app being incredibly slow to search through PDF files. I typically have 40 or 50 odd PDFs open at once and sticking even a few letters in the search bar causes Preview to freeze for a minute at a time. Even with individual PDFs open it still lags noticeably when you try and search for anything. It's a mid 2009 MBP with 8GB of ram and a crucial m4. So I don't feel that I should be seeing preview struggle as much as it does. Spotlight etc work pretty much instantaneously.

The.Big.Dirty.Emu
May 2, 2009

strokevictim posted:

Lion's Preview.app feels like a giant piece of garbage compared to previous versions. I use it to quick sort some of my digital pix, and image loading times are absolutely sloth-like for any significant number of them. Not really to your issue, but I also hate how they removed the zoomable thumbnail view, and also moved it to the left side. Far too many beach balls when using this new version, as I wait for it to decide to do something. Sad when Quicklook seems more functional
Glad it's not just me thats noticed.

Might just switch to skim full time. I only ever use it for latex before, as every time you recompile a PDF preview jumps to the start of the document.