Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Also to be clear you have to download it from their website. The App Store version only supports memberships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Pivo posted:

iStat Menus pulls weather from Dark Sky. The weather sub is like $2/yr. Well worth it.

I mean that won't really help when Dark Sky API goes away.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

OldSenileGuy posted:

A couple years ago I started paying for 1Password (after using it for years when I bought it outright, I begrudgingly switched to the subscription model to get the latest updates), and it's been totally worth it.

But upon switching browsers, I've noticed that suddenly the "cmd-backslash" shortcut to autofill logins/passwords doesn't work anymore. It just invokes 1Password with a "Install our browser extension!" notice. And even when I install the browser extension, "cmd-backslash" doesn't work. Instead, it wants me to click the little 1Password icon in the toolbar or in the login window, and then type my master password.

This is much MUCH worse than the old method of "hit ctrl-backslash, authenticate with touchID on my macbook" Is there any way to get the old functionality back? I haven't updated to 1Password 8 yet, but I assume it doesn't fix things?

EDIT: I should clarify, the old functionality still works on Safari, but it does not work in Firefox or Opera. They both demand the new browser extension that (apparently?) doesn't support TouchID.

You need 1Password 8 for cmd+backslash and the newer extension to work in browsers that aren't Safari.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Kibner posted:

1Password 8 is the one that broke it for me. 1Password 7 still works just fine in Edge for me.

Which extension are you using, because that definitely works for me with 1Password 8 and the newer extension (what they call "1Password in the browser")

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Sad Panda posted:

When I am trying to login and hit the shortcut, the new 1Password thing that looks like Alfred/Spotlight pops up instead of the extension in Edge being triggered. That seems wrong to me as it doesn't seem to be aware of Edge and so is asking me to search rather than looking up and inserting the required login information.

Oh yeah I ran into that, I updated to the beta releases and that fixed it.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

I'm using a CalDigit TS4 combined with the AmazonBasics USB-C > DisplayPort cable into my KVM and it works just fine for my dual monitor support

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VKXFSC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This is driving me nuts at the moment

https://linearmouse.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

~Coxy posted:

I created a radar for a weird 56K modem bug in like 10.1 and sometime around 10.7 I got an email saying it had been fixed.

Radar being hidden to the public is a feature, not a bug