Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmirkingJack
Nov 27, 2002
Has anyone been able to virtualize Lion Server? I successfully have Lion (clean install) in VMWare Fusion, but when I go to install the server components it tries to download them then stops with this error:

"Can't install Server Essentials Because it is not currently available from the Software Update server."

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmirkingJack
Nov 27, 2002

unruly posted:

code:
Control - Command - I
Does a multi inspect window.
code:
Alt - Command - I
Brings up a pallet, changing to what you select.

Those have been around for ages, but yeah, I do agree that it should be an option.

Did you ever know that you're my hero? And everything I would like to be?

SmirkingJack
Nov 27, 2002

mike12345 posted:

So I'm at my parents and thinking about upgrading mom's powerbook Macbook pro to Lion. But... is it really "worth it" in terms of usability? Does it make things easier to navigate, or has the user interface interaction become more intuitive?

I know not that much has changed, but I don't want to confront her with an upgrade that makes things harder for her than they already were. I don't think she's already familiar with stuff like Expose. The mail app looks nicer, from what I've seen, and that is what she mostly uses.

For parents and other non-technical friends that I would have to support, I have a "don't fix what isn't broken" policy. If they have no complaints, then don't change anything. Additionally Lion is badly in need of some bug fixes. If you decide that you want to upgrade, don't do it until 10.7.1 is out.

SmirkingJack
Nov 27, 2002

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

How can I script 'Show Desktop' in Mac OS 10.7?

"/Applications/Mission Control.app/contents/MacOS/Mission Control" 1

SmirkingJack
Nov 27, 2002

the walkin dude posted:

I downloaded Lion just after it came out. I don't like it. Slow, buggy, intervenes with my natural usage process. I plan to reformat and reinstall the original OS that came with this MacBook base (Snow Leopard).

I would like a money refund of Lion. Is this possible?

To satisfy my curiosity, how does it interfere with your natural usage process?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmirkingJack
Nov 27, 2002
I am constantly sending mail from the wrong address. Is there a way, perhaps a plugin, for Mail (on Lion) that will pop up a window and force me to choose an account before actually sending anything?