Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenDynasty
Dec 25, 2003

If Lion is only available as a download, that means it's only available as an 'update' in that you have to have SL installed before acquiring Lion via the App Store?

If that is the case, and I want to do a "fresh" install, would it be best to install SL, upgrade to latest version of SL, download "Lion" update and install. Then move over my music library, photo library, apps, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenDynasty
Dec 25, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

Is anyone else having problems with the back button in firefox since the last update? It doesn't work unless I hit it twice. It feels like I'm using a cheap walkman.

Yes

BrokenDynasty
Dec 25, 2003

I just updated to Lion and installed the new skype and I really like the growlish notifications. Is that their own proprietary notification system, or are they using some other framework that I could dig deeper into?

BrokenDynasty
Dec 25, 2003

Is Perian working on Lion? My googling came up with several threads about it not working so well. Is there an alternative?

BrokenDynasty
Dec 25, 2003

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in hardware, or somewhere else entirely, but let me know and I'll remove/add it where it shouldn't/should go.

I use my MBP in my office, my AppleTV in my living room, my iPad/iPhone elsewhere around the house and outside. On all of them I watch movies/television and listen to music (Netflix, NBC iPad App, iTunes, Spotify, etc.). My speaker situation has been severely lacking and I'm looking to get the house setup to meet my needs. Ideally I'd like to purchase several of the same/similar units to place in 3 or 4 locations throughout the house, and then just configure each of my devices to use the appropriate ones depending on what I'm doing and where I am.

So if I'm in the office, and listening to music (from my MBP or iPhone or iPad) only have the office speakers play that music. If I'm watching a movie on the Apple TV in the living room, only have it play over the living room speakers. If I'm listening to music on my iPhone while cleaning the house, have Spotify play to all the speakers in the house (office, living room, bedroom, outside).

Does anyone have a setup like this? What's the most cost-effective and universal solution that will work?
Can I just buy several of these: http://store.apple.com/us/product/H2228VC/A and place one in each location?

BrokenDynasty
Dec 25, 2003

Is there some piece of software (or some way to use keyboard shortcuts) to have mail templates/canned responses in Mail? There are 7 or 8 several paragraph mails that I send fairly often and now I just look for the most recently sent mail with the content in it and copy paste, but if there was an easier way (ala iOS keyboard shortcuts) where I could just type 'canned1' and it fills in the appropriate content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenDynasty
Dec 25, 2003

Daddy Fantastic posted:

AXNTKJMXPN9J

Thanks, hoping this is as good as it looks.