Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

timb posted:

Is there any hack to fix this? I mean, I can't believe nobody has come out with anything...

If you're fine with it not really being fullscreen (do any fullscreen apps actually introduce new functionality?) then you can just get something like SizeUp and use that to maximize the window without fullscreen mode.

SizeUp is pretty boss and you should be using it anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Hey here's a thing that happened to me

I have an external USB harddrive that I was using to keep a bunch of files on, I had it set up to just be one big HFS+ partition that I made under OSX.

I wanted to have some space on it for Windows to use so I made a partition of free space using disk utility and then booted into Windows 8 and made an NTFS partition in the free space, I saw in disk management in Windows that it didn't overwrite the old partition or anything, as far as I could tell it's all still there.

The problem is that I noticed after booting back into OSX that OSX can only see the NTFS partition, in disk utility it shows two partitions -- the NTFS partition and another one that is the same size as the old HFS+ partition but called disk1s2 and it shows it as a broken FAT partition.

So how/can I make it so that the HFS+ partition comes back with all of whatever was on there before still there, hopefully in a way that lets me keep the NTFS partition too (but I'm not married to it)?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

piratepilates posted:

Hey here's a thing that happened to me

I have an external USB harddrive that I was using to keep a bunch of files on, I had it set up to just be one big HFS+ partition that I made under OSX.

I wanted to have some space on it for Windows to use so I made a partition of free space using disk utility and then booted into Windows 8 and made an NTFS partition in the free space, I saw in disk management in Windows that it didn't overwrite the old partition or anything, as far as I could tell it's all still there.

The problem is that I noticed after booting back into OSX that OSX can only see the NTFS partition, in disk utility it shows two partitions -- the NTFS partition and another one that is the same size as the old HFS+ partition but called disk1s2 and it shows it as a broken FAT partition.

So how/can I make it so that the HFS+ partition comes back with all of whatever was on there before still there, hopefully in a way that lets me keep the NTFS partition too (but I'm not married to it)?

Got this at least somewhat figured out, in case anyone was wondering what to do in this situation:

Apparently something hosed up my partition table for the drive, so I got TestDisk and used that to analyze the disk, it gave me the sector start, end, and sizes for the partitions, for some reason it showed it as having 5 partitions but some of them overlapped and didn't seem to make sense, still had the three ones I cared about though (EFI, HFS+, NTFS).

From there it turns out TestDisk apparently doesn't work very well with doing Apple partition stuff inside the program, so I got GPT fdisk (or gdisk it's also called) and used that to write a new GUID partition map on the drive using the data I got from TestDisk.

Now the drive works fine (as far as I can tell) and I have my data back on both partitions and it's all working great I hope.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

My laptop is 5 years old and shittier than yours and I've never felt any lag in using dual monitors on it in OSX, it runs games like poo poo under OSX and can just barely play recentish games under Windows but anything non-graphics intensive it works just fine.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Taima posted:

I put Big Sur on my work MBP and welp, it shitted the whole thing up.

That did not seem like a smart idea.