Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have two monitors and I keep a safari window open on one to monitor some stuff. But all of my active browsing happens on the other screen. Unfortunately, when the window on the second monitor is open and I command-n to get a new safari window, it opens it on the wrong screen and I have to drag it to the one I want to use it on. Is there a way to force a program or even the os to always create new windows on a certain screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

knox_harrington posted:

This was the issue, I did that drag-dmg-to-applications thing to install the program. However it just created a drive with the program in it. Per the instructions here I then dragged the program, again, into the applications folder.

It’s installed like a normal program now but it was not at all intuitive as I had already followed the Mac process.

Yeah dont drag the dmg in. Double click the dmg to mount it, then drag the program into the applications folder.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

knox_harrington posted:

That's what I did

Right but you were never meant to drag the dmg file into the applications folder in the first place.