Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mwarkentin
Oct 26, 2004
Quick gesture question - is two finger swipe on the magic mouse supposed to be switching desktops now? I'm used to it going back / forward in my web browser but now I keep switching spaces.

Also, Firefox does disappears and then reappears when I switch desktops. Super annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mwarkentin
Oct 26, 2004
Make sure you grab it before running the installer.. it deletes itself when it's finished.

mwarkentin
Oct 26, 2004

Accipiter posted:

If I'm understanding the functionality correctly, I'm pretty sure the new "Find my Mac" feature is useless for Lion desktops using FileVault. Since the machine needs to be powered on and connected to a network to locate it, the OS needs to have been booted. If FileVault is enabled, the OS will never boot without first entering the password.

I just created a guest account with a password of test1234, and a password hint of test1234 - I was thinking about using "password", but then the hint "password" might not help.

mwarkentin
Oct 26, 2004
+1 for LastPass. I've been using it for about 2 years. No problems, and it works on every platform I use.

mwarkentin
Oct 26, 2004

priznat posted:

I've been thinking about buying a copy of Sublime Text 2, for both work and home (work only provides ultraedit which is a huge bloated ugly piece of poo poo). It's great because I'm Win7 at work and OSX/Win7 at home and supports both.

Does anyone have any experience with the editor? I've played with the evaluation copy and quite enjoy it. Do they ever go on sale or is the $59 pretty much fixed?

It's amazing, I use it every day. I haven't noticed any sales.. I bought at $59 and it's been well worth it. Updates come pretty regularly with great new features (just added auto-complete in the last one).

Make sure you get Package Control (http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control).. makes it super easy to add whatever packages you need for version control, different languages, etc.