Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I just switched to Safari from Firefox so I could use all the new Lion features for it. Since then I've noticed that I can't click on any thumbnails in the forums to make them expand or view them in a new tab. I can right click and open them in a new tab where the image will be its original size, but that's not really as convenient. I haven't gotten much in the way of help from Google, I saw someone with a similar issue fix it by clearing out their cache but I didn't have any luck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

All better, thanks!

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

So I have a mid 2011 iMac that was pretty snappy when I first got it, but has gotten pretty slow over the last few weeks. It doesn't even do the startup chime anymore for some reason. I did a little Googling and it seems like the best thing to do would be to reinstall OS X, but before I do that I have a couple of questions:

1) I have an external hard drive for Time Machine. Is there a chance that whatever's got me all messed up is going to be restored by Time Machine?

2) This won't mess up my Boot Camp partition, will it? I can live with it if it does there's barely anything on there worth backing up and I can fit all that on a thumb drive. Google suggested that it won't be affected as long as I don't reformat the entire drive, but I also found a couple people saying otherwise. More than anything I'm just curious if I'm going to have to go through the hassle of having to reinstall both OSes.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Got a question about Mail. I changed the password on my gmail account a week or two ago and had to use Google's application specific passwords feature to use Mail on my iPhone and iPad. I updated Mail on my Mac with its own application specific password and nothing happened. I went back to the regular old password and I still wasn't getting my mail. I ended up deleting the account from Mail and trying to re-enter it, only to have it reject both my main password and a new application specific one even though I'm 100% certain both are correct. What the hell am I supposed to do here?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Is there a more user friendly third party program for managing ebooks than iBooks that works well with the iPad? I only just opened it but it seems really clunky and I can't arrange or edit anything.