Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!
It looks like most of the standard model rmbps are out of stock at online retailers. Is that typical for the holidays or is there a supply chain issue? I'm looking for a 15in 750m standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!

Bob Morales posted:

Probably not - the rumor sites would be all over it, expecting a refresh soon.

okay. are b&h and adorama good reseller options? they seem to have the best prices and throw in parallels.

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!
How much of the yellow/samsung/lg/whatever screen issues are actually valid? Would buying a 750m refurb make you have a higher chance of getting one of those returns? If there are still real screen issues wouldn't refurb return/exchange take a lot of time to sort out?

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!

Ninja Rope posted:

I'm a color snob and everyone where I work gets rmbp's and I've yet to see one. Maybe it's a regional thing, though?

Dunno. It's hard to really know reality when the crazy mac forums are your source for info.

I don't mind refurb. What I do mind is having to play screen roulette with refurbs. From what I understand there is no on-the-spot store exchanges. You'd have to return/exchange and wait for them to ship you a new one. Exchanging a few times means upwards of a month of headaches.

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!
After reading a lot of threads on macrumors seems like the the early 2013 15" rmbp had problematic LG screens and good samsungs. Now, with haswell, the LGs got a revision and are better than the samsungs. Overall, people are still reporting backlight bleed and uneven yellow tint problems. What's most troubling is that apple doesn't consider the bleed or yellows out-of-spec so refurb is still a screen gamble. Given all this weirdness I'd be more tempted to buy refurb from apple with the easy 14-day in-store return rather than wait for a good online VAR sale on a new unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

My 15" rMBP arrived yesterday, and I can't see any problems with the screen. Then again I'm not a MacRumors forums sperg.

Thanks. Yea, over-analyzing their base model air screens. But I can't rag on people having high standards for their high end 15" models.