Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

APPLE IS A SHIT COMPANY GOD I WISH THEY WOULD JUST GO DIE OR SOMETHING JEEZ

The Born Approx. posted:

Any rumblings about a new iMac in the near future?

people are saying 29 april

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

With that custom title, and with not even one major rumor site touting that date, we can safely assume that's bullshit. Or, if you go by what Steve used to say, 'all rumors are true..' ..in some alternate universe.

Don't judge me for what some random guy bought for me.

It's a rumor I've been reading on some forums, so yeah, probably bullshit. Here's hoping it's probably somewhere near that date since the quad-core desktop processors launch the 29th according to Mac Rumors.

Jabe fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 5, 2012

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

Would it be incredibly stupid to cancel my macbook pro retina order and just buy a 2011 i7 8 gig ram SSD 27 inch iMac instead ?

I really don't need the portability and I already have a decent working core 2 duo macbook pro. I just want to have the power to run the full app list of adobe's Master suite and maybe Unity / Diablo 3.

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

Captain Pike posted:

Which of these two video cards is better for video games? (at 1680x1050)

- AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

I am trying to decide between a refurbished MBP and the new low-end MBP.

These should be some interesting links for you.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6770M.43955.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-650M.71887.0.html

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

Something seems to have gone wrong with my payment and they are trying to find my money now. Will the shipping date just move up until the product has been paid for ?

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

I'm playing this game called the Witcher 2 and it's quite graphically intensive. My retina macbook pro gets super hot and the fans start blazing like crazy. I wouldn't want to turn it into goo by playing some PC game.

So is it unhealthy to get the macbook pro this hot?

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

I have a rMPB and I am pretty OCD about it being perfect.

The only issues are scrolling on the Facebook website and Photoshop not being retina yet. And the second one is a pretty non-issue since you can just plug in a second screen.

Everything else works perfectly fine, smooth and its just a great laptop all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

Guni posted:

So, what would the difference be between a normal MBP screen and a rMBP? Like is it completely obvious difference or? I'm just wondering if the screen really is superb or if it's more of a gimmick type deal (I'm sure it's great, just wondering)

It's great. I hate other screens now.