Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

iTunes 10.5.1.

I finally got my tunes back after putting a new 1TB HD in my ancient iMac before the computer went tango uniform. Got a brand new Mac Mini, threw that new HD in an external case and I'm rockin' and rollin' once again. Thing is, there is a metric shitton of music I really don't want anymore, and I really don't mind tossing it permanently. I pruned one album the old-fashioned way before something struck me as odd. I had iTunes 9.whatever on my old computer, and deleting songs/albums always brought up the prompt to delete from the list and move the actual file to the trash; now it just deletes from the list, and there are no mp3s/aacs et al. in the trash to get rid of.

Is this normal for 10? Does it just delete everything at once and skips the trash now? Oh boy, it's going to be a simple answer, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU