Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Is OWC still the only place to get SSD upgrades that are compatible with a 2012 rMBP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Any experience with it? Reliability, etc? This is for one of my users at work who will probably be down for taking a chance but my boss might not be ok with approving it if doesn't work out.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

japtor posted:

Some guy on Ars got it and had a blog page on it that I posted here, I'll edit it in a sec when find it...

Here we go: http://techobsessed.net/2015/01/the-cheapestbest-2012-retina-macbook-pro-ssd-upgrade/

Awesome! Thanks!

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Ignore this. Figured it out.

Teabag Dome Scandal fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 29, 2015

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Rabid Snake posted:

Buy a mini-displayport to displayport cable and use the displayport input on your monitor. You need a dual dvi adapter if you want to use the DVI port. The dual dvi adapter for macs are $100 so your best bet is to buy the mini-dp to DP cable.

Too fast for me! Thanks, when doing reading on supported resolutions none of the support docs seemed to mention anything about two different adapters but I could have easily missed that.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I replaced the SSD in a late 2013 13" MBP with a larger one from OWC the other week for a colleague. Seems to be working just fine except when it hibernates due to a depleted battery it gets crabby about it when waking back up. I get the hibernate restore bar but it either gets stuck when filled up or fills up, disappears and I don't get a full restore which requires a forced shutdown. I reset the SMC but that didn't seem to help. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I might be missing?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Dreadwind posted:

My wife has a MacBook for work that's absolutely wrecking her when it comes to typing (carpal tunnel), I'm wondering if you all have any suggestions for ergonomic split keyboards? I started looking online but the prices and styles are all over the place. She doesn't really have any preferences other than it can split and has lifters. Thanks!

I've got this thing https://kinesis-ergo.com/shop/freestyle2-mac/

Its pretty big and unwieldy but splits however you want and has lifters

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I'm looking at M1 Airs on Costco.com and they're advertising an 8 core GPU with only 256gb of SSD. I thought the base model 8 core came with 512gb by default. Is their listing messed up? The MSRP of it matches what it should be (it's on sale) so I assume the listing is incorrect?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Bob Morales posted:

You sure it's not a Pro, or you're just reading 8-core CPU?

durp you're right its a Pro

Teabag Dome Scandal fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 6, 2021

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

No chance Magsafe 3 and Magesafe 2 are compatible, right?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

We get our work Apple stuff through the Education store and I just got notified the 32 gig 14" Pro I ordered has been delayed to December :( but the 16 gig I ordered the day they were announced just shipped.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Anybody have issues with M1s crashing certain applications when using an external monitor? I have an MBP M1 Pro that so far will crash when launching Connectwise (a remote management host) and Android Studio. If the laptop is open and set as the main display everything works fine but if the clam shell is closed or the external monitor is set as the main display and the laptop is the extended display the console shows some sort of colorspace error. I have the monitor connected with an HDMI cable to the laptops HDMI port. Seems very weird.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I thought the touch bar was dead and then I see the new M2 MBP has it? What the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

If I plug the USB C cable from this Anker magsafe charging stand into my Macbook will it charge at the full 15W or do I need an external brick for that?