Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How is the HD Graphics 5000 expected to perform? I'm planning on getting a 13" Air and I'd like to be able to do at least a little bit of gaming on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Civil posted:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6993/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-core-i74950hq-tested

Now, we all know that there are no games on the mac, but if there were, you can use this as a rough guide to gauge performance of the HD 5000 to last year's HD 4000. It's a pretty good jump.

The tests were done across a range of CPU's with varying amounts of cores/HT, but the point is, it's faster, and should run very well at Air screen resolutions.
Wow that sounds great. They didn't directly test the 5000 but based on the performance of the 4600 vs. the 5200 it looks like even graphically demanding games should get at least 30-40 FPS on medium settings. That sounds great to me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Illuminati by Nature posted:

I've just made the jump from a low end, 2008 pre-unibody MBP to the full spec 15" rMBP and holy poo poo the difference is like night and day.

Apart from a lovely (~30min) battery and some missing keys on the keyboard, my old mac works fine. Do you think it's better to try to sell the whole unit or strip it down and sell for parts?
Yeah I just picked up a 13" rMBP yesterday and it's the best laptop I've ever used, with the best screen I've ever seen on a computer period.