Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
Monoprice will be better and cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

1997 posted:

If he's still under AppleCare the feet will be replaced for free and the screws can be ordered as well if his store doesn't already have them. If he's not under AppleCare they're $10 per foot (HA!).

Is it the same for the Air? One of the feet on my 6 month old MBA is warped.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

wheez the roux posted:

Apple store is down for updates, any idea what's being rolled out?

I think they do routine maintenance Tuesday nights/Wednesday mornings.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Bob Morales posted:

I really, really wish Apple would make a black Air like Gigabyte X11 and Lenovo X1.

There's always Colorware :rolleyes:

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
My MBA is taking ~25 seconds to wake from deep sleep and get to a point where I can enter the password. Is that normal? This is a 2011 running Mountain Lion.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Lexicon posted:

My 2012 takes at least 15 seconds from "wake" to "usable".

I was pretty disappointed to learn that Dan Benjamin et al on the 5by5 podcasts were either exaggerating or irrationally gushing about how the new SSD-based MBAs are "instant wake from sleep, and oh god it's just like an iPad".

Should I try resetting the SMC? I know a difference of 10 seconds isn't a big deal, but it would still be nice to speed up the process.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Sprat Sandwich posted:

How long does it have to sit for it to hibernate? My 2012 MBA on 10.8.2 wakes up pretty much instantaneously when I close it in the evening and open in the morning. Like the time it takes for me to open the lid and it's ready for the password.

An hour, I believe.

To be clear, I'm talking about when it's unplugged and the lid has been close for over an hour and it's gone into deep sleep/hibernate mode. My MBA recovers from the regular sleep state instantaneously.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Bob Morales posted:

I saw this on Reddit so blah blah

It's supposed to mean new iMacs in two weeks.

Let's not get too excited. From that thread:

quote:

No, you chose a CTO iMac. Those are shipped out from China. The standard models are in stock.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

saint gerald posted:

My rMPB won't turn on. It's plugged in, green light on the adaptor, but the power button does nothing -- no screen, no sound, apparently no fans, no caps lock light either.

How do I wake it up? :(

Have you tried holding the power button down until it reboots?

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
I'm surprised the 13" rMBP is .04" thicker than the 15" rMBP.

Wasn't there talk of the Mac Pro getting a proper Q4 2012 update, or did I imagine that?

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Wario In Real Life posted:

Mac Pro doesn't exist anymore.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/mac_pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Communist posted:

What is the sweet spot for a mac laptop in the 1000 dollar range. I'm will to go back as far as a 2010 model, but would prefer 2011 or newer.

Refurb 2011 13" MBA for $919

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC965LL/A