Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Airport 121-150 released!

*edit*
Oddly the video has been removed.

JerseyMonkey fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Bump with functional link: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2akifE2EWBIsf2Mhe7

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I swear they always post a new one right after I check it.

Also, this should mark roughly the halfway point so it seems like they should have the full sub done in about a month.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

JerseyMonkey posted:

Airport 121-150 released!

*edit*
Oddly the video has been removed.

The Dailymotion video seems to work.

Oh god the rear end to face punishment

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

Dog Toggle Switch posted:

I love Ameagari, mostly for Miyasako. He's got a fun, bombastic style and, let's be perfectly frank here, fabulous man-hair.

Speaking of talent-based talk/variety shows, I've been enjoying the few episodes of Shabekuri 007 cropping up on CrazyOnTV.com.
It's your pretty standard format, but the duo heading up the show, Cream Stew, is really awesome. Especially Arita (on the right), who I find endlessly entertaining.

Shabekuri 007 is the best thing. Also the show is headed by Cream Stew, Tutorial and Neptune.

The show pretty much requires you to know Japanese though since it's just talking.
They are great because their guests usually can't follow them at all when Arita or Horiken start doing weird poo poo that has nothing to do with anything.

The show also has great corners like Girigiri007 where they ask the guest questions and the guests have to choose to answer or not to answer and they are mostly bullied into answering. The questions are stuff like "which celebrities have you had sex with?" and "How much did you make the month you made the most money up until now."
The answers are usually cencored but sometimes the guest do stupid things like recently Fujimori Shingo did it but he showed with his fingers how much which was not cencored.

The show also has a good food corner for when you want to get really hungry.

And everything they do is packed with top notch Japanese comedy because Cream Stew, Neptune and Tutorial is basicly some of the top of the Japanese comedy world now.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Thought I'd bump this with something good I just found. It's a LINCOLN video where the guys are separated into cars by themselves and sad stories and songs are told/sung on a CD. It induces some crying from a few of them including both of Downtown. The second song, "Chicken Rice", was written by Matsumoto(and sung by Hamada!) and has a deep, emotional meaning for him. Both of Downtown grew up poor so they play that song and you can see both start to lose it. Only Udo-chan outright bawls but you can see pretty much everyone struggling to hold it back, probably because they know they're on camera. This also features some childhood shots of Matsumoto I've never seen anywhere else so it's neat in that aspect.

Don't know how some will take it, just posting because this is quite different from most of the stuff in this thread. And seeing Udo go made me tear up, for the record.

The subs are huge, poorly placed and of a somewhat rough quality but beggars can't be choosers.

http://vimeo.com/31008858

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 15, 2012

Estel
May 4, 2010
This kind of videos are really interesting too, like the documentary posted before about Matsumoto.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Crotch Bat posted:

The subs are huge, poorly placed and of a somewhat rough quality but beggars can't be choosers.

http://vimeo.com/31008858

The video got kind of ruined for me when I heard the Tamage music.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Dasshutsu Game Dero!

This show was suggested earlier in the thread. Crazy On TV provided a subbed episode.

Pretty interesting show, though it is a bit difficult to follow. There is extreme emphasis on Japanese writing for the puzzles without much clues from subs.

Only advise I can give for the puzzles, is the Kanji 人 means Human or Person.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Airport 151-180 released

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...

Hurm.
Apr 24, 2006

Nature is a language
can't you read?

WHATEVS SISTER posted:

The High Tension Series is my favorite series, of anything, ever.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The portable toilet scene was incredible.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Hurm. posted:

The High Tension Series is my favorite series, of anything, ever.

It was a segment practically made for Egashira 2:50! Although that guy on last time who has the habit of doing things he knows he shouldn't was great, too!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Egashira's underwear to Borat-esque uni-thong transformation is amazing.

and he does it in either the next translated part or the one after in the Airport batsu

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Feb 22, 2012

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Egashira's underwear to Borat-esque uni-thong transformation is amazing.

and he does it in either the next translated part or the one after in the Airport batsu

Yeah, I watched it live on New Years Eve and figured that he'd use it there again. Or was it the other way around? Guess it depends on which was filmed first.

I wish I could send some videos of his "impressions" skit that he does on Ame Ta--lk. It has me in stitches every time.

EDIT:

These were in the capsule vendors recently.

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 23, 2012

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Airport Parts 180 - 220 are up!

Dick Boat fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 8, 2012

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How close are they to having the entire thing subbed?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Only ~90 minutes left so 3 more parts. Zurui got sick like a month ago and then I don't know what the major slowdown was on this part but I'd expect maybe 1st-2nd week of April for the finished product.

And this half-hour was pretty much non-stop hilarity. I really like this batsu and it's easily funnier than Spy and Hotel.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Great, it just had to cut off before the arm wrestling started.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
I'm fond of onigokko (games of tag) segments and could've died of laughter when it showed up on one of the New Year Gaki no Tsukai episodes. (I think the spy one) Do any of the other ones have it? Alternatively, any other shows with them?

JerseyMonkey posted:

Dasshutsu Game Dero!

This show was suggested earlier in the thread. Crazy On TV provided a subbed episode.

Pretty interesting show, though it is a bit difficult to follow. There is extreme emphasis on Japanese writing for the puzzles without much clues from subs.

I like DERO quite a bit - figures Japan would finally do a show with their fascination with escape-the-room games. Sometimes it seems like a lot of the comedy stems from a required knowledge of famous Japanese figures and especially idols, but the puzzles can be fun to figure out. Johnny's and AKB48 fangroups usually sub the episodes for the idols, but it's a crapshoot as to whether they'll sub only clips or the entire episode.

Edit: Go me and incomplete sentences.

Kimitsu fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 8, 2012

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Psalmanazar posted:

Great, it just had to cut off before the arm wrestling started.

I would say don't get your hopes up on that part. I think there's maybe a minute or two left but it's basically just them farting and being unable to hold in the air. Still outrageously hilarious, though.

Kimitsu posted:

I'm fond of onigokko (games of tag) segments and could've died of laughter when it showed up on one of the New Year Gaki no Tsukai episodes. (I think the spy one) Do any of the other ones have it? Alternatively, any other shows with them?

I mean, you must know about the 24hr tag batsu, right? Otherwise, yea, Spy is the only other one with it. If you search Youtube there is 1 subbed segment out there that's like 8-10 minutes long of a tag game with various punishments.

e: here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bNaFz2LWR8

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Mar 8, 2012

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

gently caress, I need all the Dero. I've been huge on games like Crystal Maze, Fort Boyard and suchlike for ages now, the idea of that gameplay with Japan's tendency to go completely batshit insane is like Christmas came early for me.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Kimitsu posted:

I like DERO quite a bit - figures Japan would finally do a show with their fascination with escape-the-room games. Sometimes it seems like a lot of the comedy stems from a required knowledge of famous Japanese figures and especially idols, but the. Johnny's and AKB48 fangroups usually sub the episodes for the idols, but it's a crapshoot as to whether they'll sub only clips or the entire episode.

I liked this show when it was still DERO, but after the earthquake and tsunami, it went on hiatus and came back as TORE, with a kind of Egyptian / Raiders of the Lost Ark theme to it. Apparently, after watching an entire city get washed off the map, people get uneasy watching Johnny's idols trapped in a flooding room.

The new puzzles aren't nearly as inspired as they were before. Ah, well.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

Crotch Bat posted:

I mean, you must know about the 24hr tag batsu, right? Otherwise, yea, Spy is the only other one with it. If you search Youtube there is 1 subbed segment out there that's like 8-10 minutes long of a tag game with various punishments.

e: here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bNaFz2LWR8

Thanks! I do, and I guess I was hoping there were other shows that would punish talents/comedians by putting them through the experience of being chased by a person dressed in black.

Oh, and just to preempt it in case anyone Googles it; I do know of the Ya-ya-yah Onigokko episodes, but they're not as interesting as the Gaki no Tsukai ones unless you're a fan of underage male idols.

Mezzanine posted:

I liked this show when it was still DERO, but after the earthquake and tsunami, it went on hiatus and came back as TORE, with a kind of Egyptian / Raiders of the Lost Ark theme to it. Apparently, after watching an entire city get washed off the map, people get uneasy watching Johnny's idols trapped in a flooding room.

The new puzzles aren't nearly as inspired as they were before. Ah, well.

I didn't realize that's what had happened to DERO. I found some Youku links (no subs and the link is in Japanese, sorry, but for anyone who wants to watch even without subs you can Google translate it?), and it looks like some trap themes have been rehashed, but I think if the puzzles are getting worse it was bound to happen at some point.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

By far the funniest part of this Batsu yet, I laughed pretty much non-stop during the "battle" bit (as did the cast).

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Here's a recent smaller batsu. The backdrop to this is from the 500 Quiz series which is a show they rarely do on GnT in which the cast is asked 500 questions about a certain person(ranging from people like Tanaka to Matsuko Deluxe to Yamasaki's wife Aya) and compete to see who knows that person best. It's a grueling series taking them upwards of 6-7 hours so this time they shortened it to 100 questions and they were about Matsumoto but with the added bonus of a prize to the winner and a batsu to the loser.

Yamasaki lost out with 19 correct(Hamada and Tanaka had 20, Endo had 22) so his batsu was to wonder the streets and at the director's call, he would scream out "MATSUMOTO-SAN" 100 times over the course of a day. As you can imagine, they lead him to some great spots in which to humiliate him.

This isn't subbed but you don't really need it to understand what's going on at basically any part of the episode, including the end where the cast scolds Yamasaki for not being loud enough at certain points.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzY0NTA4Mzgw.html

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Here's part 8 of the Airport batsu. Zurui's had some family health issues which have sidelined the subbing. He's hopeful things are more stable now and he can finish the last 20%.

http://gakifiles.blogspot.com/2012/03/airport-batsu-game-211-240-subtitles.html

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Crotch Bat posted:

Here's part 8 of the Airport batsu. Zurui's had some family health issues which have sidelined the subbing. He's hopeful things are more stable now and he can finish the last 20%.

http://gakifiles.blogspot.com/2012/03/airport-batsu-game-211-240-subtitles.html

The embarrassing stories for the black list are amazing.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Endo's family was hilarious, I was dying at that part.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Latest subs on CrazyOnTV feature the lotion stairs madness:

Lotion Stairs 1
Lotion Stairs 2

Enjoy. :)

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Haha, I happened upon those maybe 4-6 weeks ago before they were subbed. Still hysterical without subs but always nice to see more things subbed regardless.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Speaking of TORE!, it was mentioned a few pages back, but didn't get much love. This show is actually one of my favorites from the thread that I managed to watch.

I was actually able to track down a subtitled version of one of the episodes, located here. Enjoy! I know I did.

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

futurememory posted:

Speaking of TORE!, it was mentioned a few pages back, but didn't get much love. This show is actually one of my favorites from the thread that I managed to watch.

I was actually able to track down a subtitled version of one of the episodes, located here. Enjoy! I know I did.
That was a really fun show. And that episode even has Endo.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Also, I know that people were discussing Denpa Shonen a couple of pages back. I wish I could watch it. I just keep reading about it, and I'm so miffed that I didn't get the opportunity to see it on Hulu when it was actually available briefly. :(

This link looks like it might have some stuff up there, but I can't read Japanese so I can't tell. :(

futurememory fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 10, 2012

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Dunno if it's all of it but here is the first installment of the whole Nasubi sequence anyway.

Also jeez this definitely brings me back to when I was studying abroad there in '98. That show really was a goddamn social phenomenon back then; I'm not sure any variety program in Japan is ever gonna achieve that again.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I never got to finish the desert island sequence of Denpa Shonen on Hulu. Sigh.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have any idea how many parts we have left to go before the entire Airport batsu is subbed?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Does anyone have any idea how many parts we have left to go before the entire Airport batsu is subbed?

An hour(2 parts).

In the mean time, enjoy a full episode of Suberenai Hanashi. I could watch these guys tell stories forever. Matsumoto's last one is a killer.

http://jburogu-godzillaradio.blogspot.com/2012/04/video-subbing-suberanai-hanashi-3.html

Also that guy has quite a few LINCOLN episodes and lots of other great subbed stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Crotch Bat posted:

An hour(2 parts).

In the mean time, enjoy a full episode of Suberenai Hanashi. I could watch these guys tell stories forever. Matsumoto's last one is a killer.

http://jburogu-godzillaradio.blogspot.com/2012/04/video-subbing-suberanai-hanashi-3.html

Also that guy has quite a few LINCOLN episodes and lots of other great subbed stuff.

I started watching the first one these and it was weird. It wasn't really funny, but it was kind of fascinating and insightful. There are some punchlines that translate well but it's not consistent, but it's still really interesting. It really offers some insight into the weird Japanese comedy hierarchy thing.