Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ffuok
Apr 7, 2007

Oh man I'm hungry.

the_psychologist posted:

I share your problem. I rented a two-volume VHS set of Nasubi's arc when I was living in Cambridge, MA, and it was the only time I've seen it. The Japanese market is now gone, so I couldn't even ask them about it. I have no goddamn idea how to find this show again.

Ever since I read about it online I've been dying to see it subtitled. It's all over the internet in a non-subtitled format, but finding the subtitles is (near?) impossible. Apparently it was on Hulu or Joost or one of those for awhile WITH subs, but when the license ran out it disappeared. The best I found was a website claiming to be holding the first two subtitled episodes hostage willing to exchange for more subtitled episodes, which is a total dick move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ffuok
Apr 7, 2007

Oh man I'm hungry.

futurememory posted:

:siren: Some Denpa Shonen subbed! :siren:

I requested this a couple of months back, but this was the only piece we could find of Nasubi's trials. If anyone can find the rest of the episodes, unsubbed, we could have a thing going here!

Oh man, I'm really happy about this! It looks like someone on the Gaki-No-Tsukai fan forums is gonna upload the rest of the episodes, so hopefully it will become a thing.

ffuok
Apr 7, 2007

Oh man I'm hungry.

pwnyXpress posted:

Yeah, I pre-watch to plan for scenes that are less "appropriate" so that we can skip those and go back and watch later once they are gone. It's just a lot harder to do that for the random word here and there, though. Maybe I can just figure out how to do some editing myself.

You can definitely just open all the .rear end files in a text editor and find & replace all the curses.

ffuok
Apr 7, 2007

Oh man I'm hungry.
The "everyone writes letters to Hamada about how much they appreciate him for his 50th birthday" thing never got subbed, did it?