Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I caught a Gaki stream sometime early last fall. I do believe I now have seen absolutely everything that has ever been subbed. Some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen.

End of the Century Rangers skits are the best.

WonderfulWino fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

can always find a stream of Gaki series on justin tv

guys stream im watching now has 40 hours of good stuff

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

I just saw Matsumoto's film Symbol(Shinboru). What an amazing film.
It's better then 2001 a space oddysey.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

I been expecting the announcement of this years batsu. Can't wait.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

Watching a replay of the full batsu with commercials right now. It's pretty amazing the amount of phrases I have picked up over the years watching gaki shows. The commercials also seem pretty top notch.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

My favorite part of all the Batsu games is the time Matsumoto tells the story about Hamada not knowing about mayonnaise on bread.

Seen it a thousand times and it always makes me laugh.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

abraxas posted:

The ending to Big Man Japan made no sense to me whatsoever and the ending of Symbol is kind of open to interpretation I'd say, so don't expect cinematic masterpieces or anything. Still, definitely a recommended watch for all Matsumoto fans!

I found Symbol to be a minor materpiece.

For a Cinematic Masterpiece watch his latest film Scabbard Samurai. It's a superb film in every aspect.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

abraxas posted:

Is Scabbard Samurai the movie they were talking about in the documentary? I've read up on it a bit in the past but skipped it because I'm honestly not all that interested in Samurai movies and I kind of like actually seeing Matsumoto in his movies as opposed to just directing and producing them and having a small little cameo appearance. I also recall hearing it's not a funny movie which kinda put me off and made me forget about it back then. Maybe I should give it another chance!

Didn't watch the documentary yet. Scabbard Samurai is funny but its really much more then that. To say anymore about this film would spoiler its impact. It really has nothing in common with 99.9% of samurai movies.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

Last week I binged on all 22 episodes of World Downtown. I laughed so hard and often I was sore for several days.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

futurememory posted:

What's World Downtown about? I watched the first 5 minutes of the first episode but I was unsure if I was grasping what the core concept of the show was.

watch a full episode

I watched a few minutes of one episode when they first started rolling out with subs. I didnt like it and moved on. I am so glad I gave it a second chance. Its completely absurd.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

Looking forward to a huge breasted Hamada nun wearing a short habit and garters

edit- oh well

WonderfulWino fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 20, 2012

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

Funholy posted:

This is un-subbed and I have no idea what is going on. I'm guessing they are counting down the best moments of this year.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k3pXjb5Hzl636J3EGfF&start=4

It's got me hyped for this year's batsu game.

Cant believe how many phrases I now understand after years of watching this stuff. Pretty drat funny. And of course any skit with Heipo really needs no subs.

Thanks for the link.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

Silent library with Hoost is indeed the way to go, followed by Hospital Batsu. If they want more go with The Five Rangers sketches. Hooked.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

There were several long chunks of show that didn't need much translation. Cant wait for the subs.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

Seriously impressed by the quality of the sub in such a short time.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

Dotchi is pretty cool, thanks for the links.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

ShibataBread posted:

Thank you all.

Please enjoy the part 2 of the Foodie Report Championship.
http://www.shibatabread.com/2014/08/subbed-gaki-no-tsukai-foodie-report_6.html

thanks ShibataBread for all the years of work

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

If anyones wondering where the 24/7 stream went, Ducktoaster moved over to streamup.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

I'm in no hurry for batsu subs this year

I'm getting down right impatient waiting on Documental subs. Goddamnit Amazon!

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

I hope Mexico does a better job stealing Japanese shows then the USA has stealing British shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

I am seriously underwhelmed by s3 Documental cast, I doubt ill finish it.