Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Alright! I'm in! Gonna wreck some poo poo up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

All set. Tantrum Spiral is gonna ruin some days.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

If there is one thing Tantrum Spiral hates, it is barrels. But, of course, there is no one thing that Tantrum Spiral hates. I'm pretty sure he hasn't been this angry since all his friends died and he couldn't get a hematite armor stand for his room. The latter irritates him so much that this tigerman is super hosed.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Man, I guess that's what I get for not having a big fighter.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Aren't stats normalized now though, so you wouldn't get higher stats from a higher skill?

(And needless to say, Tantrum Spiral is pissed with this result)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

FebrezeNinja posted:

How much weapon skill did you have, anyway? You parried nearly every shot.

The build was Hammerskill 6, Fighting 3 along with the plat hammer and iron mail.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Sending Dwarf. Lets try this again.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I was concerned about fighting a Troll, then I realized that his adamantine battle axe is wicked expensive, and trolls do not get a lot of points. And he bought armor. And a shield.

(Did Tantrum Spiral mention that one of his best friends was killed by a troll recently? This fortress is just wearing on him, I swear)

[Edit:] That said, I'm sure I'll get one-shotted off the bat due to dice, probable 8 rank difference in weapon skill or no.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Yesss. Tantrum Spiral v1 in the main tourney had to lose 3 limbs before he went down. One leg? Nothing to worry about. That dwarf ++ toughness is pretty solid.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Krysmphoenix posted:

EDIT: Alright, now that the anger of losing has faded, I'm now laughing my rear end off. I was honestly hoping the armor and 14 points in Armor Skill would help resist attacks.

I want to say that ranks in Armor only helps prevent your armor from encumbering you. It doesn't make the armor you wear any more efficient. If your armor is light enough, you don't need any ranks.

...And adamantium is pretty light :(

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Dwarf Fortress, I don't even know anymore sometimes.

YETIBRAWL SLADE MACE :argh:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Oh man. Tantrum Spiral also hates aim-bots. He was good friends with everyone in the fortress. This is not going to go over well there.

Edit: Oh no, they're just throwing things everywhere! :ohdear:

Ramc fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 26, 2011

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Thanks for running that, Vlad. If anyone wants to try their hand against Tantrum Spiral, here are his stats. Wondering what might of been if he had not suffered a BAM! HEADSHOT? Wonder no more.

Weapon skill(Hammer) 12 : 2340
Fighting 5: 225
Armor 1: 5
Striking 1: 10
Dodging 1: 20
Silver Warhammer: 300
Steel Mail Shirt: 450
Steel Helmet: 250

(Also that is one badass Yeti.)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

My dude is in. With my luck at these things I will actually win this time in some sort of reverse slade-mace Yeti-Brawl tomfoolerly where we find out that an edged silver weapon is actually the most deadly kind of all.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ha, it just seemed unsporting (and kind of a hassle with the calculator) to spread those skills out more. That's what I get, I guess, for not putting in the A+ effort. I get a victory.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I am also available to take someone over if needs be.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Oh hey this is still going! Well good work Jazz, looking forward to another season, presumably in 2019.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Oh man it's haaaaaappppeenniiinngggg!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Just leave an out if every commissioner somehow trips the ethics alarm (commish fights commish and -every-one bets huge)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I am down with this!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

My HEFi Compost Day will dispose of you in an environmentally friendly manner.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bene Elim posted:

Sounds like a good strategy to me. Two melee plus whatever Ramc wants to do. Let's butcher Team 3!

VV Nice! Done. VV

I was also planning sword-and-board/dodge melee~

Lets stomp a carbon footprint in some asses.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

My one bit of tactical advice for Meat and Two Veg is that maybe Onan should consider a blunt weapon so we have damage-type diversity (slash-bash-stab)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bene Elim posted:

Definitely up for running some fights on Monday (assuming you want us to, Jazzimus).

Testing is nice purely for seeing what fighters can do. One of my guilty pleasures is pitting Theseus (<--That guy) against increasing numbers of Kobolds/Gremlins/Gnomes to see how many he can take at once.

Well you let us know if our team tests well then!

Or more importantly if they test badly.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I think our team is reasonably okay! I'm ready whenever myself. It's time for Compost Day to take out the trash.

e: (After carefully sorting through it for recyclables.)

Ramc fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 9, 2014

Ramc
May 4, 2008

If we do make it past the qualifiers, Meat and Two Veg, we probably should try to strategize a little. As-is though I think we have a solid, competent start with the points allotted.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bene Elim posted:

And no, I will not accept rampant stupidity as an excuse. Even you aren't that dumb.

Bad Munki posted:

I won 1200 dorfbux for my bet of 500 dorfbux against my own team, so it's not a total loss. :homebrew:

The fix is in.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cha-ching~

Also the combat log seems to be the one from the previous fight. Beaten!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

my dad posted:

I think I remember someone mentioning that a creature with legendary wrestling skill is roughly on par with a clueless creature twice its size regarding success odds for wrestling moves. And nothing but sheer size and strength can help you throw people better.

In short, as far as wrestling is concerned, go big or go extinct.

How do stranglers with their small size but strength+++ sort out in this?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bene Elim posted:

Picture a 5-year-old attempting to wrestle a full grown man.

:quietly reassesses his Next Tourney build:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

We didn't want to tip our hands before the tourney started but our gimmick is killing the poo poo out of our enemies without taking any meaningful injuries.

Resurrecting our foes is LIKE recycling, so Compost Day approves I guess.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Looking through the logs again, it looks like you did finally manage to bruise Compost Day's hand just before you went down.

I had to, like, put an icepack on it for like 20 minutes.

Desdenova Handreaver posted:

Compost Day slashes PedAnt in the second left upper arm with his steel long sword and the injured part is cloven asunder!

Compost Day slaps Pulpy Van Winkle in the left hand with the flat of his steel long sword, bruising the muscle!

Compost Day slashes Pulpy Van Winkle in the left hand with his steel long sword, tearing apart the muscle!

Compost Day slashes Pulpy Van Winkle in the thumb, left hand with his steel long sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Compost Day stabs Pulpy Van Winkle in the right lower arm with his steel long sword, fracturing the bone!

gauntlet_reasons.txt

and

Jesus loving Christ Onan posted:

PedAnt: Gruesome wounds! I must not succumb to fear!

Onan bashes PedAnt in the head with his platinum maul and the injured part is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass!
PedAnt has been struck down.

Onan: Death... This is truly horrifying.

Also props to Treeloved for stabbing just about everyone in something that they needed to keep living.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

I wonder how many moments from our matches will end up going well with Rules of Nature.

Elves know all about the Rules of Nature.

Also reading that fight log with tigerman Cat Stevens with Peace Train playing is something I recommend.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Clearly it means at some point we will have each of the four teams in a division in the same ring fighting to the death.

And then, later, each of the four divisions, each team working together with the other teams in their division, fighting it out to the death.

Even numbers. And blood.

We thirst.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Looking forward to seeing how our division hashes out. Also dammit Cat Stevens- I bet on your team based on your previous performance.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Can't run them till Thursday. drat real life :(

Augh! The suspense!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Solid Poopsnake posted:

E: I am the Scotty Pippen of the Cave Pals Friend Squad. I never get any kills, but I get all the assists.

Compost Day hears that!

:hf:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ramc posted:

Compost Day hears that!

:hf:

E: Also oh dang we got rolled. That is some bad luck there.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Well I guess if everyone is good with their weapons, once things roll they roll fast. On the upside... uh... I like our odds of us beating the Mites and the Helms beating the Cave Pals to ensure our 2nd place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Frozen_flame posted:

Compost Day_Meat: Gruesome wounds! This doesn't scare me.
It's because he's biodegradable! :ssh:

• Locked thread