Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Got my probably-not-as-unorthodox-as-I-think build hashed out. I can only hope the RNG gods are kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
How far off are we from the brackets being posted? I would like to get all planny or something.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
How do bets and returns thereof work? I didn't see anything about it in the OP. I'm glad to see the 1DB guy took pity on my fighter. :unsmith:

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

quote:

A human! Ha! The woodsie lord will easily defeat the manfool known as Hiker Nos. If only some jerk hadn't robbed my mansion dry I'd have more bucks to bet on my fight.

You dare taunt me? Okay. I'll tip my hand for purpose of a fitting retort.

(anagrams :haw:)

[:ssh:] I bet on your fighter because I lack confidence in my build and couldn't be bothered to test. [/:ssh:]

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

Pladdicus posted:

Examining my betting has proven I'm kind of awesome! Of course, with a betting strategy of "the biggest and the one with the coolest name" how can you go wrong!
I do hope Bet Big on Big People doesn't become the betting strategy du jour, because that will sap all fun and competition from it.

At least I know unarmed + armor may not be as bad of a build as I thought, though.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

Pure Kamikaze posted:

Im next fight and the wait is killing me. :f5:
I know what you mean! Except I'm third next. Or something. I can't wait to see my guy just like, get pushed over cow-tipping style because of all his heavy armor and probably not enough armor skill.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Okay, now your knowledge has me curious, PublicOpinion (Other DF masters can chime in too). How (im)practical is unarmed fighting on non-gigantic (tigerman and smaller I guess) races? I want to know how badly I goofed up trying to essentially build (insert preferred martial artist, fictitious or not, here)

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Interestingly enough, I wasn't trying for a wrestler.

There's a reason I posted the following image a while back.

:swoon: Kenshiro, punching people so hard they explode :swoon:

Hiker Nos is an anagram of Kenshiro

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

Beeswax posted:

You've actually made me root against a wrestler. Congratulations :mad:
Not my fault you have an irrational hatred of everything anime ever. :colbert:

Trust me though, I'm as surprised as much as everyone else. I was so uncertain I did the classical "put money on enemy so as to recoup losses theoretical or otherwise" trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
:stare: Welp, Nos lived up to his anagramatic namesake pretty well, excluding the whole traditional hitting his opponent an inhuman number of times in a few seconds.

• Locked thread