Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Battle Royal, FiddlersThree, Atom Ant in Adamant, 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Holy poo poo. Well done, Socrates. Well done.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Anchors posted:

And with that, we're only five matches away from CIPA the molemarian's debut brawl, hell yeah!

All betting profits from when CIPA undoubtedly crushes Ted the Hurty will go towards charities benefiting children with nervous system disorders.

All betting profits from Ted the Hurty's glorious demolition of CIPA will go towards expensive jewelry for Ted's mistress.

Also :stare: for Hiker Nos. Kidney punch and a chokeout? That was frickin' awesome.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Anchors posted:

Bah, this last match has shown that when it comes to it, wrestlers like Hiker Nos and CIPA don't choke like the rest.

Oh, I have no doubt that CIPA will fight to the fullest extent of her ability.

I'm just saying it will be woefully insufficient.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Vox Nihili posted:

Word. Ted lays on the Hurty, and I win both a fight and a bet.

Life. It is good.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Krysmphoenix posted:

My fight's only four away...Now I'm just getting more nervous...

I bet on you, Kristmaspoptarts. Don't let me down!

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Just to confirm the timeline, we spend our upgrade points and THEN get randomly reseeded, correct?

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

RickVoid posted:

I have one ($1) Dwarfbuck remaining. Any ideas where I should place it? Is there someone with no remaining funds who could use a buck? ...Can I even do that?

Goblin Supremacy.

Ted the Hurty was... er... raised by goblins. They taught him everything he knows. He deserves the support of your dorfbuck.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Huh. At first I was like, "Man! Stranglers are sure kicking rear end this tournament!" And then I noticed that 4 of their 6 wins were against kobolds, with one more coming against a dark gnome.

Let's see how they fare in the second round...

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Human power! Hopefully Ted the Hurty can follow a similar gameplan.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Vox Nihili posted:

Though Wally's solid armor helped keep him alive, the massive expenditure of points on shields and iron plating meant that his skill levels were generally insufficient to overcome those of his opponent. Still, it could have gone either way.

That was a good, tense fight. I'd imagine that future bashy warriors will fare the same, falling to their superiorly armed and armored opponents. One example that jumps to mind is Ted the Hurty.

He's coming up next, dontcha know. Those of you who are smart will hurry and bet heavily on his opponent, the two-handed-sword-wielding Tigerman called Schrödinger. Schrödinger is sure to win!

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
What's this? Ted the Hurty is the betting favorite in the next fight? Hurry and place your bets on his opponent, Schrödinger! After all, who could expect a mere human to slay a ferocious Tigerman in one-on-one combat? Ted is surely doomed! Make sure you've made the right bets to reap the rewards from his inevitable death and dismemberment!

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Excellent point, Anchors -- Ted is surely fighting above his weight class now!

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Combat Log posted:

Ted the Hurty punches Schrödinger in the right upper leg with his right hand, bruising the muscle

Huh. Somewhere in the midst of pulping Schrödinger's limbs, Ted took the time out to give him a nice Charley horse.

Anyways, I must say that I am shocked and amazed that the plucky Ted managed to snatch this victory from the jaws of certain defeat! I hope this doesn't dissuade all of you fine folks from betting heavily against Ted in future matches.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

rickvoid posted:

pre:
Pinball Wizard 	WON 	795.00 	Panty Thief 	1,734.29 	View

...and rickvoid continues his ridiculous run of betting luck. I think I'm just going to bet his line every round.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Yep, Munki, you probably shouldn't've said anything...

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Bad Munki posted:

In my defense, I have a long line of miserable failures to uphold.

And you upheld it magnificently. :golfclap:

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Vox Nihili posted:

...Moments later, Hans bleeds out entirely, and Goobert claims victory.

Aw, man. 25 dorfbucks down the tubes. Way to go, Hans.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
code:
Wally Walleyed charges at Bo the Cold!
Wally Walleyed kicks Bo the Cold in the head with his left foot, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Bo the Cold has been knocked unconscious!
Wally Walleyed collides with Bo the Cold!
Bo the Cold is knocked over!
Bo the Cold has been struck down.
That was a ballin' finish.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Spermy Smurf posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

C'mon people. The odds are 10:1 currently on Sir Hiss. Bet against me, I dont want to win 895 on my bet of 892.

Sorry, man. Normally I'd take that action in a heartbeat, but

code:
You have 0 dwarfbucks available to bet this round, out of 1872 total dwarfbucks.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
From behind the locked gates of the gladiator pit, Ted the Hurty gazed out over the crimson-stained field of battle, his fingers alternately tightening and loosening on the handle of his flail.

"Pfft," he scoffed. "I can take these guys."

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Curses! I thought I had a sure bet there, with a minotaur vs. a goblin. What a tragic loss of dorfbux.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Vox Nihili posted:

Lord Fusslepot's strength is broken. Blow after blow rains down upon him with no response, until one particular lash manages to sheer off an entire hand, and Fusslepot's sword clatters to the hard, blood-stained arena tile.

:allears: I've missed you, Arena Challenge.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

Vox Nihili posted:

Edit: Emails have been sent out. Tentative cutoff date of Monday the 18th for some sort of communication at this point, at which time I will start the process of looking for new managers.

Er... The next Monday the 18th isn't until Feb., 2013... :(

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Uh-oh...

Iron-armored human Ted the Hurty will be facing off against steel-sword-armed human Hugh Mann! As this will very likely mean Ted the Hurty's demise, I'd recommend all of you who value winning bets to wager heavily against Ted the Hurty!

Bet Against Ted the Hurty... He Doesn't Have a Prayer!

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
:stare:

That was awesome. And very profitable for me!

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
This is one hell of a paper.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
...so, does this mean Vox is damned...? :(

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Ted the Hurty is still rarin' to go.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Love the Statler and Waldorf commentary, and I hope their awesomely meta brush with senility remains a constant theme throughout these fights.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Is... is this dead again?

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Awesome update! The commentary was hilarious, and the match a nailbiter. Good luck with your business!

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Awesome! Glad to see this is back again!

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Good fights! I was worried for a minute there for underdog hero Dies Horribly, and was glad to see him get the win.

Love the Gorilla Monsoon / Jesse Ventura commentary team.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Excellent. Ted is next, and looking to bring the Hurty.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Aw, nutz.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Might be interesting to have requirements on how teams are formed -- like one Small character (goblin, gremlin, etc), one Medium (human, snakeman, ant-woman, etc), and one Large (minotaur, yeti, etc).

I also think that just doing one major writeup and brief summaries of the other matches would work fine. As long as the combat logs are linked, everyone can get whatever information they might want.

Not sure how hard it might make the bookkeeping, but what about distributing "experience points" based on performance? Maybe every match they play, fighters receive get 50 points. For every win, each fighter on a team then get, say, an additional 25 additional points, and maybe an additional 25 for every kill they make during the match. (note: these numbers would take some thought to balance -- I'm just throwing them out as placeholders for the sake of discussion).

If you wanted, you could also have thread voting for that game-week's MVP across all matches played, which would be another XP bonus.

Not sure about bonuses for sticking with the thread. I'd like any extra edge to help me win, to be sure, but I think if there is one, it should be minimally advantageous (like the extra gear RickVoid mentioned). We don't want to discourage potential new players by giving them the impression that the veterans have a significant built-in advantage (which, really, we kind of already have by having seen how all the different builds perform).

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
The next commentary should be even more amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
:drat:

• Locked thread