Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Arena Challenge character creator posted:

Strangler - A four-armed ape creature with three eyes and razor-sharp teeth.

I've been reading through the "creature_arena.txt" file and can't figure out whether a strangler's bite is more effective than other species'. They have more strength, sure, but what else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Alright; thanks for clearing that up. Looking forward to tournament start!

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Hungry Mungry sat down to dine.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Hungry Mungry has painted his personal training-ring in a glorious, sanguine hue upon being delivered a few pigs for dinner. The horrifying, terminal squeals keep him happy and motivated for the fight to come.

Admittedly he was hoping for something more tasty and substantial than a kobold.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Size looks like something of a deciding factor, so far. Looking forward to a challenger that can carve up a larger opponent.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Human sent.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

VladTheEater posted:

Steel Low Boots, 14 Kicking skill, 13 Misc Object Use skill.

And biting :ranbowdash:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Holy gently caress I so did not expect that to work; in arena testing Hungry Mungry could lose a fight with a pig. He fared even worse against armed, skilled opponents, though admittedly I never tried him against anything smaller than himself.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

This week, on Dwarfiest Warrior: Antwoman beats Hoplite.

Gerard Butler was just a guy pretending to be a hoplite anyway. Explains the lovely spear and shield.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I dreamed that the second round had already started and as a special exhibition match to kick things off, Hungry Mungry was pitted against a hydra. When I woke up, I tested the matchup.

It went about like that. :smith:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Werewolves have the same shape, smell, and taste as kobolds, and are only a little bit bigger. Hungry Mungry is not afraid. Hungry Mungry is merely hungry.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I was going to bet against Hungry Mungry but my hand slipped so I'm taking that as a sign I should be rooting for him. :unsmith:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

RickVoid posted:

Ah good, we're back up.

My bets have been placed.

5 grand on my fighter, Dies Horribly.

The remainder split evenly (795 Dwarfbucks each) on the remaining Goblin contestants. Pinball Wizard, Yum, Hanzo, and Elizabeth Bennet, good luck.

I have one ($1) Dwarfbuck remaining. Any ideas where I should place it? Is there someone with no remaining funds who could use a buck? ...Can I even do that?

Goblin Supremacy.

You should re-check your bet on Pinball Wizard.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Locomotive breath posted:

Do you see Brometheus? Do you see him? Are you looking at him? Are YOU looking at HIM!? Do you see it? Do you see his poise? His grace? His skill?

That's the skill of a Bro-God baby. A Brod. Do you know what he did? Do you? That motherfucker is the Brod that brought the the Natty Light from Brolympus to you. That was him, he did that. Do you see his opponent? Do you? Are you looking at him?

He's a Strangler. Nuff' said.

Come at him bro, come at him.

:colbert:

On my first test run, Hungry Mungry incapacitated the werewolf with a bone-shattering bite to the thumb, then bit out his throat a moment later.

The other test runs all ended with Mungry in pieces. :ohdear:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I swear, adamantine weapons are loving cursed.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Kobold sent!

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Show 'em what you're made of, Hungry Mungry! :patriot:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
He died as he lived -- hungry. No regrets, little buddy.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM has just finished eating and is ready to make his presence known in the arena.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Bought all my skills before I found out that I could view my opponents and teammates. Whoops!

Oh well, SRIRACHA FARTSTORM will wreck all of yas anyways. What's our team name, boys? I could stand behind The Sausage Fest.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

King Cohort posted:

I wouldn't dare deprive Harold Bird II of his father's weapon, but my concern is our treehuggers--they need a bit of diversity.

Plus we need a name!

Sent you an e-mail.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
drat, SRIRACHA FARTSTORM didn't have time to let a single toot slip before he hit the ground. Oh well, that just means he'll get jolted back to consciousness when a really loud one has to come out.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Bet leader and I forgot to get my account name on the site updated for username change. Whoops!

That match was amazing.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Jazzimus Prime posted:

If you'd like, I can change your username for you on the site.

That'd be great!

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Sent my fellow teammates an e-mail.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Uz eat gladiators but he gets sorta full and sleepy after only one match worth of gladiators. He had a good first fight though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Sadly, there is still no option yet to have a Bad Munki flinging poo as a weapon.

Going through the raws, it appears males of all fighter races have the [GELDABLE] tag except for kobolds and serpent men. Kobolds specifically have a comment within the [CASTE:MALE] tag which says "Undescended, not geldable" :stonk:

No. No. No no no no no.

code:
Pittsburgh Lambic: Toady... The horror consumes me!
Pittsburgh Lambic stabs Pittsburgh Lambic in the right eye with his pine wood pencil, tearing it apart!
Pittsburgh Lambic stabs Pittsburgh Lambic in the face with his pine wood pencil, tearing apart the left cheek's muscle and tearing apart the right cheek's muscle!
Pittsburgh Lambic bashes his nose against the granite wall, breaking it!
Pittsburgh Lambic bashes his nose against the granite wall, pulping it!
Pittsburgh Lambic stabs Pittsburgh Lambic in the throat with his pine wood pencil, piercing it through completely!
(continued for 20 pages)

• Locked thread