Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tuyop, can you or she look into any additional streams of revenue? Selling things on Etsy, pizza delivery driver, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So you can put that extra money to pay off, or at least may off more, of your laptop?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Could you buy a second hand tux from a thrift store and get it altered?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Zeta Taskforce posted:

^^^Why not rent one?

Because he might be able to buy one for $50 and get it altered for $25. I was able to buy most of a tuxedo for $15 and it fit perfectly. I still need to get a vest or cummerbund for it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can see why someone might not want to buy a tuxedo from a thrift store, and you've already made a down payment on a rental. There are a few things you can do for the next wedding.

There are suit warehouses where you can buy suits from $99 and up. Sometimes they were bought by wardrobe departments but they were never worn, sometimes there were only worn once or twice.

There are also places that sell tuxedos that had been rentals, consignment stores, stores online that sell tuxedos for under $150, and so on.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for starting the thread Tuyop. It been full of good advice and examples of what happens when advice gets ignored or the wrong advice gets followed. On that note:

Mulatto Butts posted:

As much as it hurts, it will hurt a lot less than mysteriously combusting in a lake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've been to that CVS!

• Locked thread