Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Prequel: Let's Watch Each Animation Frame By Frame For Evidence Of Titties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Yeah I wandered around for a bit but didn't get to the end for the highblood flash in homestuck and missed a bit of plot. I honestly like prequel better than homestuck, it's just so much more accessible.

This is what draws me to Prequel. I literally cannot even read Homestuck at this point because there's just so many characters and plot threads and weird time travel crap that I can't possibly make heads or tails of what's going on.

This isn't to say that I wouldn't enjoy this comic if it got more complex, I just think there should be a baseline level of understanding for the reader so that even if you don't exactly get the big picture you still know what's going on right now.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Judging from what we know of Quill-weave both here and in the actual game, I have a feeling that Katia just gave the wrong person her letter.

On an unrelated note every time I see Katia Managan, I read it as Katia Morgana. I think my subconscious just likes that pun more.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Geomancing posted:

Also, ouch, 40 gold pieces for a book? No way she can afford that price. Time for the speechcraft minigame! Quickly insult him, tell him a joke, threaten his life and compliment him on his grooming in quick succession.

If only she had some charm spells she just could just slap him upside the face with some magic and call it a day.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I like this system, except that the framerate in the longer animations seems to suffer a bit. I don't know if that's on my end or not, though.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Yay, new prequel. Its a shame Kharazad isnt some wierd photoshop plugin making shutin like Hussie because I could definitely go for 4-10 updates a day.

I'd disagree with that. One of the reasons I stopped reading Homestuck (aside from the nigh incomprehensible plot) is that it updates so much that I just found it impossible to keep up.

I'd take one great page over 12 pages that are either kinda boring or I have no idea whats happening in them.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Yeah for me it's Katia's reactions to the user suggestions that are entertaining for me, not the actual suggestions.

Also I kinda hope that Clannfear is the new sidekick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Enjoyed this bonus update! Kind of a nice change of pace from all this Kvatch stuff I suppose.

I have to say though, Quill-Weave's pose looks kinda stiff. Maybe it's just a side effect of it being largely unchanged from when she first appeared in the story. To be fair I guess I've always preferred the slightly more detailed style like you see in the close-ups/action shots.

• Locked thread