Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
AFK SWARM OF BEES
Jun 24, 2008

You are swearing now that someday you'll destroy me. Remember: far better women than you have sworn the same. Go and look for them now.
^^^^^ Edit: Eyeball beat me to it, this is the issue.

OP, a majority of the people here seem supportive so far of your feelings about not wanting children. I'll chime in with them. It's normal. And yes you'll also feel pressure from friends, family, and society as you get older to have kids. It can be really stressful. But know that there is a chance that someday you might feel a desire to have kids -- notice I said "might" and "someday," meaning that your timeline is not only unique but defined by YOU.

The real issue I want to get at is your boyfriend. If he told you to be quiet in the moments when you tried to discuss your feelings, you might need to consider where the relationship is heading. If he wants kids and you don't, please do not stay in that relationship. It is an irreconcilable difference and it's one that will make you both very unhappy in the future. If my significant other told me to "be quiet" when I wanted to talk about something that mattered to me, I'd be pretty upset. He may already be tuning you out.

You mention that you are 23 -- how old is the boyfriend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU