Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Stapleeer posted:

No it's a perfectly valid reason. In fact, people shouldn't even have to have a "correct" reason not to want kids. Not wanting kids is reason enough. I and nobody else should have to justify our decision just because you think it's childish. I don't want children because I don't want the physical pains dealing with childbirth (I would definitely consider adoption though). I think it's inconvenient. I think it's painful and I'm not willing to give up everything I've worked for to tend to a child. Am I superficial and childish? Probably to you. But in the end all that matters is what I want because it will be my body bearing that child and raising it. And if I don't want kids, I don't want kids. End of discussion. You don't get to decide how valid my reason is, because ultimately childbirth and kids are a 100% personal decision.

But doesn't that mean you do want children? It just means you don't want to give birth to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Emasculatrix posted:

Personally, I prefer to be around dogs than children for the exact reason Vladimir Putin just described. They don't talk, so they can't whine or tell you mean things. You can also lock them in the backyard when you want to go out for the night.

Dogs can't whine? Could you tell my dog this?